Konami reveals the ultimate party game as Karaoke Revolution's
75-track playlist is revealed
Karaoke Revolution uses all-new proprietary software that measures the player's vocal pitch, phrase accuracy and rhythm, as it invites users to host the ultimate karaoke party. Whether players prefer to croon with the classics, show off their prowess as David Bowie, Rod Stewart or the Jackson 5, or unleash their inner Lady Gaga and Rihanna, Karaoke Revolution has a varied playlist that will appeal to anyone.
The game has a basic track list of 75 licensed songs, including the aforementioned artistes and the likes of 'I Kissed a Girl', by Katy Perry, Lily Allen's 'Smile', and '7 Things' by Miley Cyrus. Alternatively, a huge array of classics are also on offer, including 80s classics such as 'I Ran' by A Flock of Seagulls, before moving into the 90s with 'Love is a Battlefield' by Pat Benatar, R.E.M.'s 'Man on the Moon', and beyond with 'Human' by The Killers, and 'Sex on Fire' by Kings of Leon.
Karaoke Revolution is also fully customisable, with every element of the game open to editing and tweaking. The game enjoys newly added venue and character editing options, including 10 new performance venues in which rising stars can add in lights, video screens and special effects to create the perfect concert. Similarly, there is an even greater selection of outfit and accessory changes. As such, players can create their own rock star and dress their avatar using the new facial and body morphing features to manipulate age, shape, body size and more. Adding to the realism of being on stage, PLAYSTATION 3 users can also use the PlayStation Eye to see themselves on the big LCD screens during the full performances!
These avatars then appear on screen at the different venues, with the lyrics and notes shown at the bottom of the screen, with ratings given as the player sings - and with the virtual audiences showing their appreciation (or otherwise!) as the song progresses.
In addition to the solo Career mode, Karaoke Revolution boasts a huge multi-player mode, where people can play against up to 16 rival singers - either eight online or with 15 friends. The game's multi-player mode, also allows weaker vocalists to level the playing field, by adjusting the microphone settings of their rivals to improve their chances!
The Wii version of Karaoke Revolution will be available with a bundled microphone or as a stand-alone product, and Konami has also revealed that many additional songs will be released as downloadable content for the PLAYSTATION 3 version following its release.
|Release-Date: Out now|
- 50 All-New Licensed Tracks - Perform your heart out to the latest chart-topping hits and classic favorites.
- Features four #1 Jackson 5 hits, plus Michael Jackson's first #1 solo 'Ben'.
- Become the Life of the Party - A perfect videogame to get the party started or for competitive players, sing as a solo artist.
- Party Mode : Multiplayer game Modes for up to 16 players
- Career Mode: Showcase your skills and unlock up to 150 new unique challenges and venues.
- Elaborate Customizable Venues - Pick your own performance venue before you take the stage.
- Ten brand new locations featuring elaborate themes and special effects.
- Custom Venue Creator where players can design up to six venues of their own.
- Includes an option to feature original music videos onstage during a player's full performance.
- Library of Songs to Add to your Collection - Compatible with existing library of 200+ downloadable songs (Xbox 360 and PS3 only).
- Character Customizations from Head to Toe - Check out the newly improved custom character creator with extensive features and clothing sets to choose from.
- Watch Yourself Perform on the Big Screen - Compatible with Xbox LIVE Vision camera and Playstation Eye support (PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 versions).
- Compatibility with wireless microphones and USB microphones allowing the consumer flexibility (PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 versions).
Xbox LIVE Arcade und PlayStation Network:
Enter the world of the Asharin Empire and avenge your kinsmen who have been taken prisoner by a tyrannical king. Puzzle Chronicles is a real-time puzzle role playing game featuring tactical gem-matching gameplay and deep role playing adventure.
Coloured gems constantly slide onto the battle board and you must organise like coloured gems into large blocks to perform attacks and magical spells to defeat your enemy. By chaining together consecutive attacks powerful combos can be unleashed on your foes.
As you progress through the story you will discover new weapons, armour, and spells. Equip these to enhance your character?s stats and add new skills to your arsenal and more strategic options in combat. You will also meet savage battle beasts that can be tamed and trained to fight alongside you in battle.
When you have honed your skills in quest mode, challenge your friends in multiplayer mode, either locally or online.
Nintendo DS und PSP:
Developed by respected puzzle game creators, Infinite Interactive, Puzzle Chronicles mixes colour-matching puzzles with role-playing themes and plotlines, allowing users to enhance their character by succeeding in various puzzle challenges and defeating the many opponent forces that confront them during the course of the adventure.
Puzzle Chronicles is set in the savage wastelands of the Asharin Empire. A despotic King has seized your countrymen and their kidnapping must be avenged. To topple the corrupt monarch, players must build their character into a great warrior capable of overthrowing the empire via a series of brain-twisting puzzle combat challenges.
The main game screen is split into two, distinct areas with a swathe of coloured gems dropping into the player's side of the screen, and that of their challenger. As like-coloured gems are activated, they are removed from play unleashing specific spells and physical attacks on the opponent, or unlocking items for use in the quest. Each adversary, however, has specific skills and magic or combat attributes, which force the player to vary their game accordingly.
A battle is won when the opposing player's energy is completely depleted, and the victor is then rewarded with experience points and key skills. Using these, players can enhance their character with new weaponry and better armour necessary to take on the game's bigger foes, and raising and training pets to fight alongside you. Tips on the whereabouts of treasures and unique items can also be found by defeating key rivals, and will prove useful later in the game.
Puzzle Chronicles also adds a series of sub-levels and side quests for the player to explore, with dungeons to be explored and looted, and a wealth of special magical items to be collected. This adds to the game's replay value immensely.
- Puzzle Combat RPG - An active puzzle combat mechanic blends the fun and skill of puzzle games with the strategy and adventure of RPGs for a truly epic gaming experience
- Dungeon Exploring - Seek out hidden treasures and equipment that only true Heroes should have by battling your way through dungeons throughout the Asharin Empire
- Versus Mode Battles - Challenge your friends locally or online to a puzzle battle to see who will reign supreme as the ultimate champion of the Asharin Empire
- 5 Mini-Games - Test your puzzle skills in 5 mini-games that will unlock items and provide even more enhanced abilities
- Persistent Hero - No matter what mode you are playing in, Single Player, Versus, Quick Battle, or Mini-Games, your Hero will acquire skills and experience, unleashing new ways to experience the game
- Loot and Battle Skills - Customize your Hero?s puzzle combat style by using mighty weapons, enchanted armor, special battle skills, and more
Puzzle Chronicles is now available at the Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points!
Join Wordsworth the Owl on his mission to solve "KrissX"-ed word puzzles in KrissX , for the first time on Xbox LIVE ® Arcade! Switch around letters to complete mind-boggling terms and use helpful hints to achieve reward badges and high scores. Venture through 150 colorful stages, time yourself, or play at your leisure for hours on end. Uncover thousands of different word puzzles and test your skills in quick thinking, trivia, and knowledge! Download this pick-up-and-play game for the perfect edu-tainment experience, fun for all ages!
KrissX is now available at the Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points!
- Tons of puzzles: Play through an endless number of puzzles. Unscramble over 3,500 jumbled words that test your trivia knowledge and expand your own daily vocabulary.
- 150 stages: Travel through 150 different stages. Complete a variety of levels with imaginative backgrounds and colorful graphics.
- Different game modes: Pick from a variety of game modes including Quests, and unlock Time Attack games, enjoy Timeless play, or discover Secret Puzzles for endless replayability.
- Fun for all ages: Enjoy addictive gameplay with pick-up-and-play controls and intuitive tutorials.
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced it has agreed an exclusive distribution agreement with Autumn Games, 4mm Games, and Def Jam Interactive for the upcoming music videogame Def Jam Rapstar.
Developed by 4mm Games, Terminal Reality and Def Jam Interactive, Def Jam Rapstar is the first true interactive Hip Hop music game experience for consoles, and will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii in Autumn, 2010.
Designed as the ultimate MC experience, Def Jam Rapstar is the only music game that focuses exclusively on Hip Hop. With a track list boasting over 40 of the greatest Hip Hop songs around, including region specific music for the UK and Europe, Def Jam Rapstar makes you the star. Using a mic controller, players rhyme, make videos using a compatible camera. Def Jam Rapstar also offers you the chance to freestyle over tracks by some of the world's hottest Hip Hop producers and have members of the community vote on your uploaded videos.
Initial confirmed Def Jam Rapstar gameplay tracks include:
ARTIST - SONG
2 Pac - I Get Around
50 Cent - I Get Money
Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg - Nuthin? But a ?G? Thang
Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx - Gold Digger
Lil? Wayne - A Milli
Notorius B.I.G. - Juicy
Slick Rick - Children?s Story
T.I. featuring Rihanna - Live Your Life
Wu Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M.
Young Jeezy featuring Kanye West - Put On
"For 30 years, Hip Hop music has re-defined the sound, boundaries and culture of popular music," said Kunio Neo, President, Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. "We look to explore that ambition by pushing the boundaries of music games with Def Jam Rapstar. The combined power of 4mm Games and Def Jam Interactive will bring a music game experience like no other seen to date, and we are excited to be a part of such a unique game."
"Hip Hop is a global phenomenon that has permeated pop culture to become the most important youth movement of our generation. We are proud to deliver the first authentic Hip Hop music experience to gamers that will undoubtedly change the way music games are played," added Kevin Liles, President and CEO of Def Jam Enterprises. "It is an incredible opportunity to work with the Konami, 4mm Games and Terminal Reality teams in developing Def Jam Rapstar. Our partnership with Konami ensures that everyone around the world will have an opportunity to compete with the best of the best. So show us what you got!"
"4mm was founded with the intent of bringing the experience of Constantly Connected Gaming to the next generation of gamers," said Nick Perrett, CEO of 4mm Games. "We look forward to providing Hip Hop fans worldwide a powerful example of that vision this year with Def Jam Rapstar." Def Jam Rapstar is being co-published by Autumn Games, and represents the publishers' first major release as part of its ongoing efforts to provide a new way for top-flight developers to independently make and release games that challenge traditional boundaries.
|Release-Date: Out now|
- Def Jam Rapstar is the first music game fully dedicated to Hip Hop
- With over 40 songs spanning the history of Hip Hop, Def Jam Rapstar offers a diverse track list with some of the biggest songs in Hip Hop from all music labels
- Unlike most other microphone-based games, Def Jam Rapstar features custom, proprietary voice recognition technology that judges lyrical accuracy. In addition to lyrical accuracy, Def Jam Rapstar also measures players pitch and timing to provide your complete score in real time
- Utilizing the Xbox Live Vision camera or PlayStation Eye, Def Jam Rapstar allows you to create a video of the performance starring yourself, edit, and then upload to www.defjamrapstar.com, a fully integrated online community where players can share their videos with the world to gain global recognition and become a bona fide rapstar!
- Freestyle mode allows MC's in the making to kick your own lyrics over well-known producer's beats, offering a chance to show and prove that you have what it takes
- Battle Mode allows you to compete locally head-to-head for the highest score, and Duet mode, where both players sing and rap together to achieve the highest combined score on any given song
- Compatible with all 3rd party microphones on the market
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced it will launch
DanceEvolution for Kinect for Xbox 360 in November across Europe. DanceEvolution is an all-new concept where the game responds to real dancing, with Kinect for Xbox 360 demanding players move their body to the beat and position of their bodies against a variety of on screen markers.
DanceEvolution will offer users the ultimate dance club vibe, and boasts the most realistic and exhilarating dancing experience to date. Kinect for Xbox 360 allows players to watch their actions in real time and also save two of their original routines for use as back-up dancers in the game, no controllers required. As players dance in tune to the game's music, they can also take snapshots of their favorite dance poses, save to local albums and share the fun with friends. Utilising XboxLIVE for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, players can also challenge up to four friends around the world and enhance their experience with dance sequences, theme packs and more.
Featuring 30 tracks spanning club music classics, Hip Hop, R&B, Pop, and Techno, DanceEvolution dancers can groove to their favorite songs. The game also offers three gameplay modes for the ultimate dance experience: Dance, Lesson, and Status. In Dance Mode, users compete to become the 'Dance Master' as they play and unlock their favorite songs and dance along with a friend. Lesson Mode offers a tutorial service, and Status Mode allows players to check their play records and review the titles they have earned. Players can also compete to determine the ultimate dancer with multiple difficulty levels including Light, Standard, Extreme and Stealth.
"As an expert in the rhythm-based genre with games such as the highly-successful DanceDanceRevolution franchise, it was a natural fit for KONAMI to utilize the new capabilities of Kinect and create the next generation of dancing video games," said Martin Schneider, European Marketing and PR Director for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. "DanceEvolution is truly an interactive, full body dance game, providing gamers a heart-pumping experience."
|Release-Date: Out now|
|Players: 1-4 (online)|