Metal heads, horror freaks and hardcore action gamers, unite! Rick Taylor and the Terror Mask are back, tearing, cutting and beating their way through inhuman abominations and hordes of the undead in a tale of love, mutilation and near-insanity. A wall of metal tunes underscores blood-soaked battles with massive bosses, brutal weapons, over-the-top gore and real-time regeneration. And while your ears are ringing, a new Splatterkill System lets you get your hands bloody!
The Classic Franchise Returns!
Re-imagined Enemies – Classic enemies have evolved into horrific monsters of radical proportions and shocking detail.
Splatterhouse pulls no punches, taking gore and shock value to the next level with physics-driven fluids and organ parts flying in all directions.
Real time physical damage and regeneration shows the rebuilding of bone, muscle and skin.
Use Rick’s deep set of moves, improvised weapons, environmental attacks, and unique enemy AI to obliterate enemies at each turn. Engaging combo system that opens up to gruesome Splatterkills, which destroy your enemies with gory and cinematic effects. Terrifying enemies and epic-scale bosses provide unnerving experiences and memorable challenges. Utilize weapons of all kinds to bludgeon your enemies, from classic 2X4’s to chainsaws to your enemies’ own limbs.
The world’s premier weapon based fighting game franchise returns to showcase the epic struggle between the spirit sword Soul Calibur and the cursed sword Soul Edge. Soulcalibur IV provides the ultimate next generation experience on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, finally allowing the critically acclaimed franchise to flex its graphical muscles and present this legendary game as it was meant to be enjoyed. Set to finally reveal the origins of this ongoing story, Soulcalibur IV features new and familiar faces from across the galaxy seeking the rival swords for vengeance, honor and salvation.
With each iteration in the Soulcalibur franchise, comes new and exciting developments and Soulcalibur IV is no different. Shown in amazing 720p HD graphics, new and classic characters fight in a revamped battle system to revolutionize the fighting game genre. From character customization to online battles, the features of Soulcalibur IV help propel this venerable franchise into the next generation in every aspect.
Finally, returning to the formula that launched Soulcalibur into the minds of gamers everywhere, guest characters arrive to bring their unique fighting style to the battle. In a monumental alliance, Namco Bandai Games and LucasArts join forces featuring the iconic Star Wars characters within the Soulcalibur universe. Sith Lord Darth Vader and Jedi Master Yoda appear respectively on the PLAYSTATION®3 system and on the Xbox 360® system.
Soulcalibur IV continues in its long tradition of reinventing itself as a franchise and is set to reintroduce the fighting genre to a generation of existing and new fans.
Spike TV VGA Awards Soulcalibur IV with the 2008 Best Fighting Game Award
Updated HD graphics – Experience the legendary Soulcalibur level of graphics in 720p HD resolution for the first time. Never before, has Soulcalibur looked this good
Ever expanding roster – The lineup of weapon wielding characters grows with new fighters.
- Soulcalibur characters – Featuring new original characters added to the mythos, including:
- Hilde – Fighting to rid her land of the villainous Nightmare, she seeks the sword of resurrection, Soulcalibur to bring back the mighty king that once brought the world to peace
- Star Wars Guest characters – The iconic characters enter to arena challenge the Soulcalibur fighters for the future of the powerful swords
- Darth Vader – Wielding his lightsaber with the skill of a master swordsman, the Dark Lord of the Sith intends to defeat all those in his wake in order to discover the ancient power of the swords.
- Yoda – Sensing the great force that could upset the balance of power within the universe, Jedi Master Yoda seeks to discover the cause of this disturbance and stop any who seek wield this malevolent force
New fighting system elements
- Active Matching Battle (AMB) – Bringing a different take on the battle structure, players fight against multiple opponents under different circumstances in a unique opponent management mechanic.
- Equipment Destruction – Once the opponent’s Soul Gauge is weakened, the player will be able to destroy pieces of their enemies’ armor.
- Critical Finish – Perform a devastating Critical Finishing move to defeat opponents with spectacular effects regardless of health bar status!
Multiple Mode of play
- Story – Uncover each characters story line as you battle to reveal their motives
- Arcade – Take on the challenge in battle after battle in this classic arcade mode
- Tower of Lost Souls – Fight in special battles to challenge your fighting skills and customizing skills in order to reap the rewards.
- Training – Practice your skills to earn your place as the ultimate weapon master
- Character creation – Create a character unlike any other with custom looks and items. Build your character with items that will affect their skills and abilities which will affect the outcome of your impending battles. Choose wisely as each item affects the attributes of your character.
- Museum View – movies, back grounds and art that you have unlocked
Online Battles – For the first time ever, fight online to prove who is the ultimate Soulcalibur weapon master in the entire world! Multiple online versus modes and ranking styles will allow fans to test their fighting and management skills
- Standard VS – Battle one on one in this classic match up for ultimate bragging rights
- Special VS – Take your customized SC character or newly created character into the world arena and prove if your creation is the best in the world
Fly through war zones rendered in photo-realistic detail. Witness the high definition graphics of the world around you: super realistic battlefields made possible only by the superior power of the Xbox 360.
Command the allied assault force of aerial, naval and ground combat units. Make split-second decisions as massed allied forces wreak wholesale destruction on your enemies.
Engage in fierce, intense combat on an unprecedented scale. Massive conflicts unfold on a living, breathing battlefield. The Dynamic Operation System means up to six independent aerial, terrestrial and naval battles can flare up at once in multiple locations, allowing allies and enemies to clash in real-time.
Prove your supremacy on a global scale in the intense multiplayer online mode via Xbox Live. For the first time in an Ace Combat game, several modes of online play with various rules become available.
- The Next Generation of Warfare Demands The Next Generation of Aces!
This year, the entire Flight Action genre will be single handedly redefined as Ace Combat 6, the latest in the No.1 flight action series arrives on the next generation console system to continue its absolute domination.
- Live the war zones in photo-realistic detail:
Witness the high definition graphics rendering the world around you into super realistic war zones, made possible only by the superior power of the next generation console system. Glide through breathtaking vistas of nighttime metropolitan skylines, snow-covered mountain ranges, gaping canyons, and skies full of beautifully rendered 3D clouds with tangible density and volume.
- Command the allied assault force of aerial, naval, and ground combat units:
The superior processing power of the next-gen console system gives players the ability to lead not only aerial combat units but also naval and ground combat units. The “Allied Support System" lets you call an army of loyal allies to your aide. Fight alongside fighter planes, gun ships, attack helicopters, tanks, naval fleets, heavy bombers, and electronic warfare vessels. Issue commands with split-second precision and witness the massive combined assault destroying numerous enemy forces at once!
- Engage in fierce combat at an unprecedented scale and intensity:
Massive conflicts unfold on a “living battlefield” integrated by the “Dynamic Operation System” where up to six independent aerial, ground, and naval battles can break out at once at multiple locations as allies and enemies clash in real-time. Experience the intense realism of war when battlefields come alive with engagingly authentic audio and visual effects: thundering explosions, dense vapor trails of air to air missiles, piercing machine gun fire, booming anti-aircraft artillery fire exploding in mid-air, and more.
- Prove your supremacy on a global scale in the intense multi-player online mode via Xbox Live:
The long awaited Online-Mode has finally arrived! For the first time in the Ace Combat franchise, several modes of online play with various rules become available, including death match style missions; an all out battle for control of the sky; team death matches; and co-op games, where players cooperate with friends to take on computer-controlled adversaries. Online rankings are calculated on both global and regional levels, with high-ranking players being granted honorable titles on a global scale, adding fuel to the fires of furious competition.
- Pilot the authentic licensed combat aircraft of your dreams:
Get in the cockpits of your favorite authentically detailed aircrafts from air forces around the globe such as the F-15 E Strike Eagle, F-22 Raptor, and Tornado for the most realistic flight combat action.
- Enjoy an action packed ace pilot experience of unsurpassed quality:
Seamless pacing and intuitive controls provide an immersive and stress-free gaming experience. Command an array of licensed aircraft as you break the sound barrier and soar 360 degrees through the sky. Player’s performance directly affects the course of battle.
- Experience firsthand the intense drama and emotions of the battlefield:
Become entangled in an authentic war drama told from the perspectives of seven main characters; both friends and foes, from officers to soldiers to common citizens. Real-time allied and enemy radio communications change according to ever-changing events in battle.
And it's time for some Grand Slam Tennis 2 Screenshots:
If you ask me this game is amazing! I mean look at Sharapova! :blush:
Platform: Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PSP system, Nintendo DS, PC
Developer: Krome Studios LucasArts Singapore (Nintendo DS)
ESRB Rating: TEEN with Fantasy Violence
Release Date: October 6, 2009
Star Wars® The Clone Wars™: Republic Heroes™ lets Star Wars fans young and old live out the sweeping galactic adventures of the Clone Wars. For the first time ever, players can fight as their favorite Jedi and clone troopers from the preeminent animated television series — from familiar faces like Anakin Skywalker to new heroes like Clone Captain Rex. A brand-new storyline, which bridges the gap between season one and two, takes the player on a multi-faceted adventure to stop a mysterious techno assassin's destructive plot. Built around two-player cooperative action, the accessible controls and family-friendly gameplay bring Star Wars fans across generations together like never before to fight the evil Separatists and restore peace to the galaxy.
- Experience an all-new and exciting Clone Wars storyline that bridges the gap between season one and two of the TV series as you learn more about the mysterious bounty hunter Cad Bane and hunt down the all-new Skakoan super villain Kul Teska
- Play as your favorite Jedi heroes including Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano, Mace Windu, and Kit Fisto
- Slice and dice your way through Separatist droids with your lightsaber and Force powers and use your agility to perform amazing leaps and navigate levels filled with interactivity
- Turn your enemies into weapons as you commandeer droids and use their unique abilities to blast enemies and solve puzzles as a Jedi
- Be part of an elite clone trooper squad with unique gameplay that puts firepower at your fingertips. Blast droids and unleash devastation with heavy weapons like rocket launchers and thermal detonators as Commander Cody, Captain Rex and all of your favorite clone troopers
- Compete against a friend with in-level challenges for rewards and points to be spent to upgrade your character and unlock bonus items
- Experience an expanded season one story that features intuitive touch-screen gameplay on the Nintendo DS where movement, attacks and other actions are all controlled using the stylus