Driven to the brink of extinction in ice-covered wastelands, humankind fights to survive, from the deadly elements to the hostile alien creatures known as the Akrid. With only fragments of his memory intact, Wayne Holden must struggle to recover his past and the answers to E.D.N. III's secrets. While the search for the truth could lead to valuable allies and a means to save humanity, what he finds instead could be worse than he ever imagined!
- New modes for single-player campaign
- Score Attack - Each enemy and destructible object has points assigned to them, with the player being awarded different points depending on how they defeat the enemy.
- Trial Battle Mode - Take on each of the game's Bosses, one after another
- Off limit Mode - Go wild with over-the-top super-charged weapons with unlimited ammunition and increased speed of movement
- New online modes
- Akrid Hunter – Get the chance to finally play as an Akrid as your opponents attempt to take you down
- VS Annihilator – Each team attempts to destroy its opponent's VS while defending its own
- Counter Grab – The team with the longest data posts activation time wins
- Point Snatcher – Take down opponents and collect the most thermal energy points
- Akrid Egg Battle – Steal Akrid eggs from the opponent’s team and bring them safely back to your own base
- Egg Bandit – steal your opponents' Akrid egg, with points awarded for longer capture time
- 4 new maps for online matches: Crossfire City, Area 921, Lost Arena, Assault Space
- 5 new playable character models
- Multiple new weapons for both snow pirates and the robotic VS suits
- Cross-platform Battles – Xbox 360 owners can join forces or play against PC gamers
- New perspectives - Switch to first person view or the over-the-shoulder view from Resident Evil™ 4 for even more intense action
- Platinum Hits title - Value priced at $29.99!