Shed calories as you explore Konami's musical paradise in Step to the Beat on Wii an all-new fitness game concept for the Wii this March, in the toe-tapping form of Step to the Beat.
Step to the Beat charges users with continually moving to explore a vivid island while listening to a host of well-known licensed tracks. The game can be played by holding a Nunchuck and Wii Remote while walking on the spot, or by walking on a DanceDanceRevolution controller mat or Wii Balance Board. Using these motions, keeping the rhythm is key, and the combination of walking, music and exploration results in a varied and fun way to exercise. This simple concept makes Step to the Beat accessible to absolutely anyone, but has been designed to constantly surprise and enchant as players spend longer on the game.
At the centre of Step to the Beat is the colourful locale of Rhythm Island, and players explore the play area via their continued movement and by accepting specific challenges. Users begin by creating an avatar, and the game begins with the player simply keeping moving at all times. By doing so, users will then earn musical notes which allow them to add building, access new items, gain extra music tracks, or open up previously inaccessible parts of the island. Rhythm Island is a place of constant surprises, however, and returning at different points during the day, will reveal additional, unique elements.
Step to the Beat features 120 well-known tracks, with The Black Eye Peas' 'Boom, Boom, Pow' and Demi Lovato's 'La La Land' just two of the tunes that provide the soundtrack to Rhythm Island. Gentle aerobic exercise is a great way for all the family to stay fit, and walking around Step to the Beat's Rhythm Island is a brilliant way to burn off calories while exploring a whole new world! And, furthermore, players can keep track of their physical activity as the game constantly monitors and displays the distance travelled, the steps taken, and the items that have been found!
- Uniquely motivational. Explore an in-game world where the more you step, the richer your world becomes. Discover new places and goodies every day!
- Music to get you going! The only fitness-focused game that keeps you in the game with great music! Move to the beat of 120 songs, including 20 favorite licensed tracks, including masters performed by the original artists!
- Track your achievements. Get a visual feel for how well you're doing through charts and graphs that show burned calories, distance traveled, steps taken and more!
- Wii Balance Board compatible. Play with the peripheral of your choice! Accepts input from the DanceDanceRevolution Wii Controller, Wii Remote and Nunchuk or Wii Balance Board.
From the same creator of the acclaimed Eledees, Dewy?s Adventure is yet another compelling and unique Wii title from Konami. It?s set in a world where pure water and green forests have flourished and which once enjoyed centuries of peace and prosperity under the careful watch of the Elder Tree.
However, the evil Don Hedron has seized control of the Elder Tree and transformed the land into a gloomy world smothered by Black Water. Using the last of its remaining power, the Elder Tree created a small droplet of water, Dewy, and granted it the power of the elements with the hope that it could eradicate the Black Water and restore peace to the world.
Using the Wii-Remote, players must tilt the controller to slide Dewy around the landscape and also use the remote to alter the landscape and change the weather effects. Dewy can change from his droplet of water into a block of ice or a cloud to then crash into or zap with lightning the enemies that come at him.
When prompted, shaking the remote will instigate an earthquake and waving it around will create a wind storm, effects that are also vital for players to make progress. There is also an edit mode that players can use to create their own levels before sharing with their friends via WiiConnect plus there is a multiplayer mode.
Dewy?s Adventure is cute and colourful, but is unlike anything else out there for the Wii ? something that should guarantee its success.
- Innovative gameplay and use of Wii remote
- Tilt controller to slide Dewy around levels
- Shake controller to activate other effects
- Change to a cloud and ice to attack enemies
- Up to four players with multiplayer games
The first Castlevania title for Nintendo Wii is a dramatic step away from the classic platform action fans have come to expect - this is a 3D one-on-one fighting game that brings together the many generations of heroic vampire hunters as well as Dracula's most formidable allies in a battle to the death!
It's no surprise that with such a rich history of characters to choose from thanks to the sheer number of previous Castlevania titles, each of the 14 characters players can choose from have many unique attributes and fighting styles that require mastering. Whether players choose Simon Belmont, the legendary vampire hunter or Dracula himself, moves, techniques and strategies differ greatly depending on their choice of fighter.
The 3D battle arenas will be familiar to fans of the games and also offer the chance to interact with the surroundings. The familiar candelabra-style power ups can be broken to reveal boosts or used as weapons themselves and the cleverly designed arenas offer further challenges as they can be used to differ attacks and battle strategies.
Players can duel against a friend offline or online and there are a variety of single player modes to work through. 'Castle Mode' gives users the chance to unlock costumes and items as they wander through rooms defeating enemies, 'Survival Mode' will test the stamina of any player as they attempt to stave off as many enemies as they can before dying and as well as the 'Arcade' and 'Story Modes', there's a full 'Tutorial Mode' to ease players into the game with minimum fuss.
- First ever 3D Castlevania Fighting game
- 14 fighters featuring classic Castlevania characters
- Characters designed by famous Manga artist Takeshi Obata
- Connect with Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS) to unlock special items
- Head-to-head Battles via Wi-Fi connectivity
Frogger Returns takes the heart-pounding challenge of arcade Frogger and takes it into the next dimension! Classic top-down 2D gameplay is updated with colourful 3D graphics, a new perspective, all-new levels, new enemies and game-changing power-ups to dodge and use! Local multiplayer lets you race a friend to victory.
- Enhanced graphics. Classic Frogger gameplay gets a brand new look.
- All-new levels. Four stages take the original journey of Frogger from highway to home through an all-new adventure.
- Multiple gameplay modes. Attack your top scores, race against the clock, or just get Frogger to his home pad. Play how you like!
- New bosses and tactics. New enemies and power-ups change up your strategy.
- Play with a friend! Local multiplayer lets you race a friend.
Mysterious and tiny creatures, the Eledees have been the source of the world?s power for the past 10,000 years. In the game world, there are no such things as gas, coal, or nuclear power. Instead, there are many different breeds of Eledees, each with their own unique look and personality. While humans and Eledees have always lived in harmony, these friendly beings love to cause trouble, and it?s up to players to track them down and put an end to their mischief.
Embracing the unique functionality of the Wii and Nunchuk controllers, the game will allow players to interact with their environment in all-new ways as they search for the power-generating creatures. Using the futuristic devices, players can push, pull, lift and throw anything they come across to discover secret hiding places and obstruct escape paths for the Eledees. Each location gets progressively illuminated as the errant Eledees are collected, with lights gradually coming on and power restored as more and more are found.
The Wii game also enjoys a very open play system which encourages players to devise their own strategy to round up the stray power sources, using stealth to sneak up on them or creating noise to scare them out of concealed areas. As players capture Eledees and harness their power-generating abilities, numerous options and additional opportunities unfold to find even more Eledees in the ever-changing environment.
A new Edit Mode allows users to create levels which can be passed on to friends via WiiConnect24. There is also a Multi-Player mode that allows up to four players to compete simultaneously and created stages can also be shared within this. Finally, an Album Mode allows users to take pictures during the game, which can then be sent to friends via Nintendo?s Wii Connect service.
- A unique and amazing new twist on hide and seek
- Hundreds of Eledees to hunt and find
- Interact with any object in the environment
- Create your own levels in the edit mode
- Four player simultaneous gameplay