Konami reveals the ultimate party game as Karaoke Revolution's
75-track playlist is revealed
Karaoke Revolution uses all-new proprietary software that measures the player's vocal pitch, phrase accuracy and rhythm, as it invites users to host the ultimate karaoke party. Whether players prefer to croon with the classics, show off their prowess as David Bowie, Rod Stewart or the Jackson 5, or unleash their inner Lady Gaga and Rihanna, Karaoke Revolution has a varied playlist that will appeal to anyone.
The game has a basic track list of 75 licensed songs, including the aforementioned artistes and the likes of 'I Kissed a Girl', by Katy Perry, Lily Allen's 'Smile', and '7 Things' by Miley Cyrus. Alternatively, a huge array of classics are also on offer, including 80s classics such as 'I Ran' by A Flock of Seagulls, before moving into the 90s with 'Love is a Battlefield' by Pat Benatar, R.E.M.'s 'Man on the Moon', and beyond with 'Human' by The Killers, and 'Sex on Fire' by Kings of Leon.
Karaoke Revolution is also fully customisable, with every element of the game open to editing and tweaking. The game enjoys newly added venue and character editing options, including 10 new performance venues in which rising stars can add in lights, video screens and special effects to create the perfect concert. Similarly, there is an even greater selection of outfit and accessory changes. As such, players can create their own rock star and dress their avatar using the new facial and body morphing features to manipulate age, shape, body size and more. Adding to the realism of being on stage, PLAYSTATION 3 users can also use the PlayStation Eye to see themselves on the big LCD screens during the full performances!
These avatars then appear on screen at the different venues, with the lyrics and notes shown at the bottom of the screen, with ratings given as the player sings - and with the virtual audiences showing their appreciation (or otherwise!) as the song progresses.
In addition to the solo Career mode, Karaoke Revolution boasts a huge multi-player mode, where people can play against up to 16 rival singers - either eight online or with 15 friends. The game's multi-player mode, also allows weaker vocalists to level the playing field, by adjusting the microphone settings of their rivals to improve their chances!
The Wii version of Karaoke Revolution will be available with a bundled microphone or as a stand-alone product, and Konami has also revealed that many additional songs will be released as downloadable content for the PLAYSTATION 3 version following its release.
- 50 All-New Licensed Tracks - Perform your heart out to the latest chart-topping hits and classic favorites.
- Features four #1 Jackson 5 hits, plus Michael Jackson's first #1 solo 'Ben'.
- Become the Life of the Party - A perfect videogame to get the party started or for competitive players, sing as a solo artist.
- Party Mode : Multiplayer game Modes for up to 16 players
- Career Mode: Showcase your skills and unlock up to 150 new unique challenges and venues.
- Elaborate Customizable Venues - Pick your own performance venue before you take the stage.
- Ten brand new locations featuring elaborate themes and special effects.
- Custom Venue Creator where players can design up to six venues of their own.
- Includes an option to feature original music videos onstage during a player's full performance.
- Library of Songs to Add to your Collection - Compatible with existing library of 200+ downloadable songs (Xbox 360 and PS3 only).
- Character Customizations from Head to Toe - Check out the newly improved custom character creator with extensive features and clothing sets to choose from.
- Watch Yourself Perform on the Big Screen - Compatible with Xbox LIVE Vision camera and Playstation Eye support (PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 versions).
- Compatibility with wireless microphones and USB microphones allowing the consumer flexibility (PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 versions).
Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC Downloadable
With new traps, puzzles, and combat system players will need to think fast and act quick to pass the rigors of the tests Jigsaw has engineered.
Step into the dark and tormented world of SAW II and experience the gruesome traps that Jigsaw has created to test your will to survive. With new traps, puzzles, and combat system players will need to think fast and act quick to pass the rigors of the tests Jigsaw has engineered. Set between the SAW II and SAW III movies, the game follows Det. Tapp’s estranged son Michael, who become Jigsaw’s next subject while he is investigating father’s recent death.
- Gruesome Mechanical Traps - Jigsaw has devised a new series of traps that will force you to you make life and death situations as you witness the machines destroy others and yourself
- Challenging Puzzles - A new set of puzzles will test your wits as work quickly to solve the puzzles to advance you along Jigsaw’s game
- New Combat System - The visceral fighting mechanic requires precise timing to defend yourself from the aggressive minions
- Unique Horror Experience - With a blend of intense combat, mind-bending puzzles, and a twisted story players will face horror and terror that only SAW can deliver
The wait is finally over. After months of teaser movies, screenshots and small nuggets of information, Hideo Kojima?s epic finale to the Metal Gear Solid series is here and it?s every bit as awe-inspiring, staggering and amazing as you could have expected. This is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
Set in a battle-scarred future where war has become business carried out by mercenaries and machines, this visually stunning title sets new boundaries for gameplay and cinematic experiences in video gaming. The refined control system allows for some of the coolest gameplay ever seen as players guide Snake through to the end of his worn torn journey and tie up loose plot ends.
Snake has been drafted in for one final mission, to assassinate his old adversary Liquid Ocelot that will take him through stages across the World, including the Middle East and South America (other locations are to remain secret until the game?s launch), and cause him to bump into a few old friends as well as new characters. Hal ?Otacon? Emmerich is back again to provide Snake with local information, intelligence and useful hardware, including the Metal Gear Mk.II, a small remote-controlled robot with cloaking and offensive capabilities.
Other additions to Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots include rumble support for the new DualShock 3 controller, full 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound support and more interactivity during the cutscenes such as allowing users to change angles and summon flashbacks.
The final part of this must have title comes in the form of Metal Gear Online, included with MGS4. Initially compromising of five unique online stages created using Guns of the Patriots technology, Metal Gear Online allows up to 16 people to play simultaneously in five different modes ranging from standard Deathmatch to Team Deathmatch, Capture and Sneaking missions. Further Expansion Packs will be released throughout the year ensuring the content is fresh and rewarding for the players.
- THE FINAL CHAPTER OF THE SOLID SNAKE SAGA
- INFILTRATE ALL NEW BATTLEFIELDS WITH ALL NEW GEAR
- ENHANCED CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT SYSTEM
- OCTOCAMO SUIT ABSORBS BACKGROUND DETAIL FOR ADDED DISGUISES
- METAL GEAR ONLINE INCLUDED WITH GAME
Silent Hill Homecoming, the sixth installment of this classic console series is not only the first to be programmed for the next generation PS3 and Xbox 360 machines, but also adds a new central character into the mix.
Alex Shepherd is a war veteran returning home from an overseas tour of duty, following acceptance of compassionate leave after receiving the news that his younger brother, Joshua, has gone missing. Alex begins his investigations in his small home-town of Shepherd's Glen, but soon finds himself in the mist-shrouded and seemingly empty streets of Silent Hill?
With understandable strides forward in the look of the game thanks to the increased power of the PS3 and 360, the gameplay and control mechanics have also benefited from the upgrade to better consoles. More items from the scenery can be used as weapons and collecting them is now done on the fly rather than equipping them through an inventory, meaning the tension in hectic battle sequences goes through the roof as players have less time to react.
Alex can also vary the strength of his force during combat, using combinations of light and hard attacks that can be strung together in combinations to fell enemies, or powered up for slower but more intense results. Weaker or harder counter attacks are also included as is a dodge system that lets the player skip an enemy strike and instantly attack the assailant if executed correctly, or one that reduces damages but doesn't avoid it completely if timing is slightly off. Some weapons encountered upon during play also have 'finishing' style moves for more variety when defeating enemies.
An all-new soundtrack by acclaimed series composer Akira Yamaoka accompanies the new look and gameplay features, promising to make this one of the most chilling and atmospheric Silent Hill adventures to date.
- First Silent Hill for 'Next Generation' consoles
- New soundtrack by legendary composer Akira Yamaoka
- New combat system adds more variety to attacks
- Dodges and counter attacks also supplemented to controls
- Greater interactivity with the environment
In the escalating political climate of the near futurewhere strategies on the battlefield must be delicately balanced with maneuvers at the negotiating table a new breed of soldier has arisen. Trained to be better than the best and outfitted with the most comprehensive array of high-tech gear ever assembled, the future soldier stands apart by his ability to remain undetected. He slips unseen behind enemy lines. He uses the perfect combination of diplomacy and force to achieve his objectives while remaining politically invisible. He is a Ghost.