Cocoon – a utopia in the sky.
Its inhabitants believed their world a paradise.
Under the Sanctum's rule, Cocoon had long known peace and prosperity.
Nurtured by their benevolent protectors, the fal’Cie, humankind came to believe that these tranquil days would continue forever.
But the discovery of a single hostile fal’Cie changed everything.
The moment that fal'Cie from Pulse – the feared and detested lowerworld – awoke from its slumber, peace on Cocoon came to an end.
Fal'Cie brand humans, transforming them into magic-wielding servants.
They become l'Cie – the fal’Cie’s chosen.
Those branded with the mark of the l'Cie must either do their master’s bidding or face a fate far worse than death.
A prayer for redemption...
A wish to protect the world...
A promise to challenge destiny...
After thirteen days, the intertwining fates of a chosen few will lead them to battle. A battle for the future.
A New Fantasy Begins
Embark on an adventure beyond your wildest dreams – packed with breathtaking environments to explore, unique allies to befriend, and awe-inspiring enemies to conquer.
An Audio-Visual Benchmark
Harnessing the power of The Crystal Tools graphics engine, FINAL FANTASY XIII pushes the boundaries of high-definition cinematic presentation, sound and gameplay.
A Unity of Speed and Strategy
The familiar Active Time Battle system has evolved, granting players the freedom to execute numerous commands in a single turn in real-time. Now players can enjoy all the strategy and flexibility of a turn-based system, along with the visceral thrill of an action game.
Turn the Tide of Battle with Paradigms
A brand-new game mechanic known as the Paradigm System enables players to assign roles to their party members at any time during battle. By switching between a variety of roles – including Commando and Medic – players can respond instantly to the needs of an ever-changing battlefield, adapting their strategy to ensure victory.
Unleash Devastation with Enhanced Summoning
Introducing Gestalt Mode: an exhilarating take on FINAL FANTASY’s trademark summon system that elevates the action to a whole new level. In Gestalt Mode, the player uses simple button commands to unleash the combined might of the characters and their transformed Eidolons, inflicting massive damage to any who stand in their way.
Lose Yourself in the Drama
An immersive storyline draws the player ever closer to a cast of intriguing characters. Will they have the strength to face their fate, or are they doomed to destroy everything they love?
The critically and commercially acclaimed Thief series has won numerous awards and accolades including GameSpy Hall of Fame, GameSpot Greatest Games of All Time and The Academy of Interactive Arts And Sciences Outstanding Achievement in Character and Story Development.
Eidos-Montréal, which is also currently producing the much anticipated Deus Ex™ 3, has recruited the very best core team for the development of Thief 4. The team is comprised of industry veterans who have worked on an incredible collection of AAA titles and who each bring personal expertise in their respective fields. “We’re in the early development stages for Thief 4, but this is an incredibly ambitious and exciting project for Eidos,” said Stéphane D’Astous, General Manager at Eidos-Montréal. “While it’s too early for us to offer any specific game details, right now we are focused on recruiting the very best talent to join the core team at the studio and help us make what we believe will be one of the most exciting games on the market.” Development is under way and the team is looking to recruit the very best talent as production ramps up. If you are a world-class developer looking to join the talented Thief 4.
Suit up and take to the skies again. This brand-new story thrusts you deep into the Iron Man comic world adding to the excitement of the upcoming Iron Man 2 movie. Battle epic enemies, like the classic Iron Man villain Crimson Dynamo, only featured in the game.
In this original story penned exclusively for the game by renowned Iron Man comic writer Matt Fraction, billionaire playboy and tech genius Tony Stark gifts the world with new technology in order to make it a better place. His philanthropic nature isn’t enough to keep the enemies away as they have devious designs on the technology.
In the end, the fate of the world will be left in Iron Man’s powerful hands and he must battle to save the world from destruction.
Research, Develop, Refine
From Tony Stark’s base of operations, direct R&D efforts and prepare for your selected mission by building and customizing your suit and weaponry.
Epic Foes and Cinematic Action
Accomplish super heroic deeds and battle epic villains as large as skyscrapers while in the maelstrom of a global crisis.
Unrivalled Fire Power
Feel the impact of Iron Man’s weaponry. Blow holes through walls and bring down huge enemy structures and vehicles.
Go Beyond The Movie
A unique story crafted by renowned MARVEL comic writer Matt Fraction brings you into Tony Stark’s world with new locations, scenarios and villains.
EA SPORTS celebrates the single largest sporting event on the planet with the only official and exclusively licensed videogame for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.
Experience all the emotion and passion of the world's fiercest national rivalries as you live the dream of competing against fans from around the world for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Take on the challenge of leading your home nation from qualification right through to a virtual re-creation of the FIFA World Cup Final and feel what it is like to score the goal that lifts a nation.
For the first time ever, play out the 2010 FIFA World Cup in a full and authentic online tournament mode. Carry the hopes and dreams of your favourite nation into battle against fans from rival countries. Compete under the same conditions your real-world heroes will face in South Africa, from the group stage through the knockout rounds to the chance to be crowned 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa champion. For fans of nations that failed to qualify for South Africa this is the chance to replay and re-write history. Plus, earn individual and team points to prove your nation is the best in Battle of the Nations.
Spectacularly presented in true-to-life detail, 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa features all 199 national teams that took part in qualification, all 10 officially licensed stadiums to be used in South Africa and stadiums from each qualifying region. Everything fans love about the World Cup comes to life in stunning detail, including confetti cannons, streamers, & fireworks-just like the official tournament. Plus, supporters who follow their heroes to South Africa will be in the stands waving their country's flag, holding giant banners and cheering in their native language.
2010 FIFA World Cup features a more sophisticated, faster-paced and responsive version of the market-leading EA SPORTS football engine that drives the award-winning FIFA 10-the highest rated sports game on this console generation. Gameplay innovations capture the journey from qualification to the final tournament with home and away strategies for every nation, situational tactics in-game, and altitude affects that fatigue players faster and even impact the flight of the ball.
- Win the 2010 FIFA World Cup - Compete as one of 199 teams from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final. Play in any of the 10 official stadiums that come to life with the pageantry and festivity of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- 2010 FIFA World Cup Online - The first-ever full and authentic 2010 FIFA World Cup online tournament. Compete as your favourite country against rivals in the group stage through the knockout rounds to be crowned 2010 FIFA World Cup champion. Navigate the Globe to locate top countries and opponents among all 199 participating nations.
- Spectacular Presentation - 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa comes to life in spectacular fashion with all the emotion and pageantry of the official tournament, including all 10 official licensed stadiums. Experience confetti cannons, streamers, giant banners, seat cards, flags and fireworks as if you were in South Africa.
- Battle of the Nations - Represent your country in the 2010 FIFA World Cup online tournament against your rivals to win global supremacy. Earn individual and team points and prove your nation is the best. Every performance is rated, recorded and uploaded and your ratings all count towards player and nation leaderboards.
- Home & Away Tactics - CPU mimics international football by creating strategic, defensive formations for weaker teams playing away from home. Plus, weaker teams raise their level of play on their home pitch.
- Altitude Effects - Less air resistance at altitude means the ball travels faster and further. Plus, player will noticeably fatigue faster and their stamina challenged while playing in cities at higher elevations versus sea level.
- Authentic Stadiums - Compete in all 10 official stadiums of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.
Electronic Arts and Klei Entertainment team up to bring gamers Shank, a cinematic brawler that mixes classic beat-em-up gameplay with the flair of some of the most iconic pulp movies of this generation. Shank launches as a downloadable title in 2010 for the PLAYSTATION 3 (PSN), XBOX 360 (XBLA), and PC.
Betrayed by the only family he ever knew and left for dead it’s up to Shank to seek revenge for the death of his beloved at the hands of the underworld’s deadliest assassins. Utilizing his knowledge of gang warfare and weaponry Shank must battle his way through the criminal underground in order to seek revenge against the people for bringing his world crashing down around him.
Shank immerses gamers in a side-scrolling, highly cinematic revenge story. With the ability to string together endless combos of mayhem and destruction and an array of blood-spilling weapons at your disposal, Shank seeks to reboot the 2D brawler and take it to a level of production never before seen.
Utilizing a unique 2D art style featuring diverse settings, unique visual effects, and the most fluid animation seen to date, Shank stands apart from its brawler counterparts and stands out in a crowd.
Shank is being developed by Klei Entertainment and was nominated for “Excellence in Visual Arts” at the 2010 Independent Games Festival.
- Unique Art Style – Step into a moving graphic novel with the most fluid 2D animation ever seen in a videogame.
- Cinematic Experience – Using professionally animated cut scenes interspersed with Tarantino-style pulp storytelling, Shank tells a tale of guilt, redemption, and revenge in a way never before seen in a downloadable title.
- Dynamic Combo System – String together endless combos of mayhem and destruction on the fly and pummel your opponents to the ground using an exhaustive arsenal of weapons.