Well, our dear Xbox 360 and PS3 gamers will finally have an FPS showdown next year when MAG will be released for Playstation 3. Mag is basically "Playstation 3's Halo". It is a Massively Muiltiplayer set in a real word war battlefield and will include awesome graphics, a HUGE "platform of 256 online players in one battle, and plenty of combat.
The story follows as this, In the near future, governments are supposedly at peace. A shadow war, fought by private military corporations, emerges. You are dropped into this unprecedented war, prove yourself alongside your 8-man squad and become an elite fighter or earn the right to lead a squad, platoon or ultimately an entire army of players. Sounds exciting. I have also collected some extra expanded info:
- For the first time ever, fight 256 real players online.
- Think leadership is in your blood? Use your advanced skills to become a squad, platoon or even army commander.
- Missions and campaigns appear around the world as the missions ebb and flow.
- Three distinct PMCs to choose from, each with their own history, personality and style.
- Customize your character and pursue a wide variety of combat specialties from elite fighter to a general of an army