If you've ever wondered just how the town of Silent Hill became the eerie mess that has been seen over four previous Silent Hill games, then this title will reveal all, set as a prequel to the sinister events that have been before.
This latest title retains the creepy and poignant atmosphere that has become a byword for Silent Hill and will keep players engrossed from start to finish with the well crafted storyline, the range of enemies and puzzles to solve as well as the haunting soundtrack composed by the legendary composer Akira Yamaoka, responsible for the musical score on all of the other titles.
The game follows Travis Grady, a truck driver who has become stranded in Silent Hill. Naturally, he has a few of his own demons to contend with and throughout the course of the game, both his and the town's secrets come to the fore. The gameplay is still classic Silent Hill - but with tweaks and additions created specifically for this newest incarnation. Users can now lock onto enemies to attack and will also find the control scheme changing intuitively for each situation.
Players also utilize an enhanced camera designed with Silent Hill Origins in mind, as well as an updated control method for more detailed exploration of the environment. There are now 'Cineractive' element where players have to hit buttons as prompted to escape enemies that have triggered the cinematic sequences.
The further into the game players get, more weapons become available plus more and more items from the surroundings can be used - however overuse of items causes them to break and wear down, which could leave players unarmed at crucial moments.
|Release-Date: Out now!|
- IMPORTANT CHAPTER IN THE SILENT HILL STORY
- NEW ?CINERACTIVE? CONTROL SYSTEM
- PREQUEL TELLS HOW SILENT HILL WAS CREATED
- ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK BY SERIES COMPOSER AKIRA YAMAOKA
- LOOK AND FEEL RETAINS ALL THE CLASSIC SILENT HILL ELEMENTS
Konami reinvents its first Silent Hill classic, as Shattered Memories arrives to scare on Wii, PSP and PlayStation 2
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH is to bring its terrifying Silent Hill series to Wii as Silent Hill: Shattered Memories heads to the Nintendo system for the first time in 2010. The game, a clever reimagining of the now out of print first Silent Hill title, will also be released for PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) and PlayStation®2 at the same time.
While the game shares its twisting plot with the original PlayStation game, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories takes a different path in many, many ways. Characters can be approached but will offer different responses and be found in different places, while new clues and gameplay paths can be followed. The title follows Harry Mason, as he attempts to unravel the mystery of his missing daughter, Cheryl. A broken man, Mason's investigations lead him to the mist-shrouded, snowy streets of Silent Hill: a malevolent town where the shadows play host to a wealth of evil, misshapen creatures.
Designed to make full use of the Wii's unique controllers, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories uses the Wii Remote as a torch and cell phone as Mason looks for clues. The torch is vital for scouring the darkened, abandoned buildings of Silent Hill, while the phone acts as a secondary user interface, allowing the player to access maps via its GPS capabilities and take pictures of interesting elements. Likewise, the Wii Remote also can be used to pick up, examine and manipulate items to solve puzzles along the journey. Such technology was not available when the original Silent Hill was released in 1999, and its inclusion showcases Konami's determination to enhance the playing experience with new, available technology.
Also new to Shattered Memories is a psyche profile element, which monitors every aspect of player's reactions - from where they explore first, items that have been examined, and their reaction to those they meet. Small visual elements will also be altered slightly, adding to the oppressing atmosphere where nothing is what it seems. The psyche profile will adapt Harry's actions as and when he meets normal-looking people or the game's many inhuman denizens.
While the PSP® and PlayStation®2 will feature a more familiar control system, both games will boast the new additions, and are certain to entrance hardened fans of Silent Hill and newcomers alike. All three games are being developed by Climax, the team behind the acclaimed Silent Hill: Origins for PSP® and PlayStation®2, and will also feature an all-new soundtrack by series creator Akira Yamaoka.
|Release-Date: Out now|
- A re-imagining of the original Silent Hill that turns everything you thought you knew on its head.
- The game watches you and adapts to your actions to create a unique experience to each player and intensify their fears.
- Implementation of a cell phone as the user interface, which acts as a story telling device, map, puzzle helper, and camera that provides seamless flow with no interruption in gameplay.
- New nightmare sequence focus on escape and evasion rather than direct confrontation.
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories will feature an all-new soundtrack by acclaimed series composer Akira Yamaoka.
|Publisher||Vivendi Universal Games|
|Platform||PC, Xbox, PS2, Steam|
- The modern interpretation of the original Bard's Tale, the grandfather of all role-playing games, by its original producer - Brian Fargo.
- A new generation third-person, action/role-playing game featuring wicked humor and clever personality.
- Forget the quest to save the world, our hero is interested in just two things…coin and cleavage. Play the role of the Bard as he gets swept up in a harrowing adventure that proves too much for countless chosen one but hopefully not for you.
- Use the Snarky/Nice conversation to pick the tone... be an ass or show some class. Your attitude will affect the events that unfold and create a personailized experience for each player.
- Develop your combat party by summoning a group of eccentrics and misfits to do your bidding - sixteen summoned creatures in all.
- Brilliant graphics and bustling environments, alive with interactive townsfolk, original music (with singing), birds, animals, rustling trees, waving grass and trickling water, that immerse the player deep into the Bard's world.
- Based on the storied land of the Orkney Islands off the coast of Scotland - the inspiration for the classic fantasy worlds.
- Driven by the next generation of Snowblind Studio's Everquest: Champions of Norrath™ Engine.
Armed with the advanced Coil suit, a chaingun and a sniper rifle, Kurt travels through arenas taking on anything in his path. Taking out Stream Riders and alien tanks, Kurt shows his true colors as a combat connoisseur. The versatility of gliding around the battlefield with the ribbon chute attached to your suit and zooming to 100x to watch your enemy's expression change after a headshot is truly priceless. Are you ready for MDK?
ON A GOOD DAY, ONLY 2.5 MILLION PEOPLE WILL DIE.
As vast alien mining cities suck the power and minerals from every major metropolis on Earth simultaneously, time is of the essence as millions of civilians are expiring by the second.
Using your stealth parachute and the now infamous 'Zooming' head-mounted sniper-weapon, your task is to slip in undetected from the sky, seek out and remove the alien leader by any means.
MDK gives you awesome super smooth 3D gameplay.
Plus, with the most advanced weapons ever created in a video game, you can 'take' out an alien's eye from five miles away or just neatly carve your name in his forehead!
MDK 2 ™
3 Unlikely Heroes, 1 Ultimate Goal
Kurt Hectic is back to save the universe. This time he is teamed with the genius Dr. Hawkins and the 6-legged gun-toting robotic dog, Max. Together they must out-sneak, out-blast and out-think their enemies as they attempt to reclaim earth from a vile alien menace.
MDK 2: Armageddon ™
A high-energy mix of intense action, stealth, brain teasing challenges, hi-tech gadgets and offbeat humor no gamer should miss. This next-generation sequel packs more twists and turns than a corkscrew roller coaster.
Get in the Ring!
For the first time ever, you will truly experience the sensation of the sport with visual and audio effects like ear ringing, restricted vision, flashes of bright light, color shifts, and blur effects that simulate the sense and feeling of getting punched. Imagine trying to recover from Ali's lighting fast jabs when you can barely make out his glove through a blinding barrage of flashes and blur.
This is the closest you will ever come to getting into the ring and trading blows with the greatest boxers of all time like Oscar De La Hoya, Muhammad Ali and many others. For most people, getting that close is, by far, close enough.
- EA SPORTS Haymaker - One-punch knockdowns are now a reality - you're always one punch away from flooring your opponent.
- Make a Name for Yourself - Go from a no-name fighter to championship contender as you climb the ranks with each hard-fought victory in Career mode.
- Create A Champ - Using the Analog stick for total precision, create and train the ultimate champion by transforming his skills and physique.
- Rival Challenges - Take your created boxer through the ultimate test of three challenges - Repeat History, Change History, and My History - for a chance to earn cash to upgrade equipment and gear.
- Settle Personal Rivalries - Online or across the room, turn your closest friends into foes with Multiplayer Wi-Fi capability that takes rivalries to another level.