This is a very impressive game. It looks like Tycoon City: New York but with better graphics and a lot of cool things.
Game Description :
CITIES XL™ is the next-generation in city-building games, allowing gamers to develop cities on realistic 3D maps using an incredible collection of unique structures. Would-be Mayors are challenged to create the right combinations of social services, leisure activities, special events and job opportunities within their cities in order to feed, employ and entertain their citizens. Realism will be pushed to the limit with cities that are bigger, more realistic and more sophisticated than ever before.
The game’s optional online features and services will let gamers create interconnected cities on virtual and persistent planets. By combining a fantastic single-player game with the social and multiplayer aspects of an MMO, CITIES XL™ will shape the future of the genre by offering more variety, bigger cities and multiple gameplay layers.
What is in the box?
• 25 maps featuring varying landscapes - from canyons to grassy hills and snowy mountains
• Around 500 buildings based on various architectural styles (European, American …)
• Diverse citizen structure: Four levels of wealth, four main different needs (Services, Environmental, Prices and Traffic) split into many sub-categories (Police and Fire departments, Education, Leisure, Commerce, multiple types of Pollution, Taxes, Cost of Life, Distance to work and more)
• A rich enterprise selection ranging from agriculture to heavy industry, services, tourism…
• A complex, but easy to access, simulation based on 12 resources to trade with an opportunistic IA (electricity, waste management, agriculture, water, fuel, etc.)
• An ambitious traffic system including many type of roads (five different widths, costs, quality and capacity), highways, airports, ports, and much more. A complex bus system will be provided for free post release.
• A set of never-before-seen real-time construction tools allowing players to create curved roads, building zones of various shapes, elaborate bridges...
• An avatar studio and Web-based profile pages
"Planet" subscripton offer: what does it include?
Multiplayer gameplay both in-game and on the web:
• Trade resources with other players to develop economic strategies, specialise your cities, maximise your possibilities in a global economy
• Work cooperatively to build Mega Structures – special buildings that enhance your city aesthetically and economically
• Web-based city management -- check your trade contracts, receive alerts, adjust your decisions from any computer in the world
Persistent MMO world:
• Each player receives five slots to build five persistent cities on different Planets
• Contribute to the life and statistics of the Planets (economics, population, pollution…): what you do has an impact on the world
Community features and animations in-game and on the web:
• Visit one another’s cities, see other players’ creations and content, chat with other players
• Create and participate in online events, discover virtual cities and real people
Regular upgrades :
• All Buildings, Maps, simulation and functionality upgrades are free with the planet offer
So it's like Second Life but more like a city-building game and an interesting simulator where you can meet real people. I think i'll get a copy too.
In Pacific Assault play with Tommy Conlin, a perfectly normal boy who is trained by the Navy and eventually one of the most specialized teams from the U.S. army will arrive. For the first time in a Medal of Honor game you hear the main character actually talk, what might alter this by identifying with the protagonist, but you are doing more in life in his situation. Of course you stand in Pacific Assault is not just for you and a number of reliable and steadfast comrades around you. The characters in the cutscenes of any depth provided by Tommy in diary form his experience with the player to share. This just gives you more feeling with the people around you.
Pacific Assault starts with the arrival of Tommy on Pearl Harbor. By a happy driver, you are led to your ship, but before the arrival hell breaks loose. The attack on Pearl Harbor is pretty much the Allied Assault Omaha Beach is truly sublime developed. When the Japanese planes in the sky appear, are some terrifying minutes, the driver where you post your still trying to conduct. Meanwhile, the missiles fly to your ears, everywhere you see people die and majestic large ship is shot to pieces. This cinematic experience is further supported by a heroic music in the background, so you really feel your heart gets an interactive film about the attack on Pearl Harbor to imagine.
After this nerve-racking start the game drops something and you get the standard training missions you choose. Fortunately there is a rapidly gone through the exercises and sometimes even find some useful presentations. So you get to know the healing system of Pacific Assault. Unlike Allied Assault Pacific Assault is the cure not medkits and other tangible goodies regularly, but you get the medic to heal your team. You can an x number of times per mission to use the services of the best man at the time of healing are also inactive as fighting is concerned. Even if you 'die' it is possible to be cured, though this must be done within a certain time. Once you 'dead' are, the image is blurred and you hear the sounds around it into a kind of echo. The medic comes at you, give you a prick and slowly distorted the image of itself that you're used to.
Pacific Assault is generally harder and less than Allied Assault on the Rambo-oriented playing style. If you like a Kamikaze pilot run on the pitch goes, you will not stand long and the Japanese opponents are not you willing to provide an early death. To survive and successfully conclude your missions, you must make good use of the environment and a moderate approach often works better than a full blown attack. The Japanese make clever use of the objects present and often hidden to make, so from one covered position to take you under fire.
The fans can't wait for it's release. Till it will be released here are some features and some screenshots from the well known game:
The new Starcraft game will have some new heroes and support for playing online on battle.net.
- Fast-paced, hard-hitting, tightly balanced competitive real-time strategy gameplay that recaptures and improves on the magic of the original game
- Three completely distinct races: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg
- New units and gameplay mechanics further distinguish each race
- Groundbreaking single-player campaign
- Vibrant new 3D-graphics engine with support for dazzling visual effects and massive unit and army sizes
- Full multiplayer support, with new competitive features and matchmaking utilities available through Battle.net
- Full map-making and scripting tools to give players incredible freedom in customizing and personalizing their gameplay experience
Starcraft II is expected to hit the stores next year.
Press the ` key to bring up the console, then type in sv_cheats 1. After you do that you will be able to enter the following cheats.
|sv_gravity #||- Replace # with number to change gravity|
|r_shadowids 1 with sv cheats on in console||- Moving numbers on screen showing players shadows|
|phys_pushforce #||- Flying Bodies/Objects|
|impulse 101||- 16,000 cash|
|net_graph 0||- Won't show stats at bottom of screen|
|net_graph 1||- Show's stats at bottom of screen|
|cl_crosshairscale 4000||- Small crosshair, doesnt get bigger or smaller|
|noclip||- Let's you fly around the map and not get hurt|
|mat_wireframe 3||- See through walls.|
|host_timescale *||- Replace * with a number to get the desired speed. Don't go too high or your server/CSS will crash. Higher you go, less FPS and vice versa.|
|sv_showimpacts||- Puts a square where bullets hit. Very useful for learning how to control sprays. Sv_cheats is not required|
|mat_proxy 2||- Clear walls.|
|r_drawothermodels 2||- Wireframe player models.|
|impulse 99||- Skulls drop from sky.|
|settings||- Allows you to change skin|
|props!||- Spawns props.|