In 1995, a young game studio named Westwood released one of the first real-time strategy games. They had created the genre a few years earlier, but this title took the fledgling genre to new heights with impressive graphics, revolutionary gameplay features and an enthralling story told through the then-young art of full motion video. After twelve successful games spread out over ten years, the venerable Command and Conquer franchise has become synonymous with the real-time strategy genre it popularized, and the entire series is now available on one disc in Command and Conquer The First Decade.
Battle the old-fashioned way with the original Command and Conquer, watch an alternate World War II unfold in Command and Conquer Red Alert or control the modern warfield in Command and Conquer Generals--all three of Command and Conquer's worlds are open to nostalgic gamers and modern aficionados alike.
Old friends await the seasoned gamer in the original Command and Conquer universe, as the fanatical Brotherhood of Nod battles the Global Defense Initiative in a war over the mineral Tiberium. Whether playing as the Brotherhood and obeying the charismatic Kane's every command or taking control of GDI forces as they seek to save the world from Kane's ambition, every detail of Command and Conquer is just as you remember it. The original full motion videos tell the story in what was once cutting-edge and is now quaint, and the gameplay is simple as can be. Gather Tiberium to produce tanks, infantry and more to decide the fate of the world, or try to connect to others with one of the first online game-finding services!
Bring the original storyline to a close in Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun, and determine the fate of the world--or, if you want a break from the strategy formula, take control of a GDI Commando in the recent Command and Conquer Renegade, a first person shooting game set in the Tiberium universe. See the world of CandC up close and personal from Nick "Havoc" Parker's point of view as he fights a one-man war against the forces of Nod armed with a diverse arsenal of weapons and one-liners.
The Red Menace
Perhaps the most popular game of the franchise, Command and Conquer Red Alert asks the question, "What if Albert Einstein mastered time travel, then used it to go back in time and kill Hitler?" The answer is a world at war not with Nazi-led Germany, but the rapidly expanding Soviet Union under Stalin's iron fist. Dip into the world of historical fiction as the Allied forces take on the Soviet bloc in a war fought not just by soldiers, planes and tanks, but by time travelers, psychics and giant tesla coils. This more refined and advanced real time strategy game features gameplay innovations that greatly influenced the games that followed, including building queues and other convenient options, providing a nice balance between nostalgia and playability.
A World at War
While Command and Conquer takes place in the future and Red Alert in the past, Command and Conquer Generals offers its version of the present, as the United States, China and a terrorist group known as GLA battle all over the world. The most game-oriented of the series, Generals contains no FMV like its predecessors, concentrating instead on pure 3D gameplay as well as the wry humor that peppered the previous games.
In all, Command and Conquer The First Decade contains not only the games that defined a genre, but the history of that genre. Players can experience the evolution of the real-time strategy game as they play each game in sequence, and see for themselves how far the technology has come since 1995--but also find out that the old games still have some life left in them.
- Relive a decade of real-time strategy history in this anniversary collection
- Contains 12 classic Command & Conquer games on a single DVD
- Cutting-edge visuals, epic storylines, and complex missions
- Bonus DVD with commemorative videos including exclusive interviews
- 100s of single-player missions and multiplayer mayhem
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 from EA brings back the fan-favorite real-time strategy game in its latest incarnation with new features, powers, technologies, and a different world. Now, you can play not just by yourself but also cooperatively with a friend as you take on the enemy in this glorious, over-the-top romp.
Intriguing Plot Twists
In previous games, the war between the Allies and Soviets was coming to a close with the Allies nearing victory. In desperation, the Soviets created a time-travel device that they've used to assassinate Albert Einstein before he is able to develop the weapon technology the Allies later use to defeat the Soviets. Upon returning, they notice a new world, and there is a world war taking place between three groups for control of the world
Play As Three Different Factions for Varied game play
In Red Alert 3, you have the choice to play as the Allies, the Soviets, or the Empire of the Rising Sun. Each faction has its own story-line and distinct units with advantages and disadvantages that you have to master in order to win. The new faction to the series is the Empire of the Rising Sun, derived from Imperial Japan, with an all-new cast of units and characters.
The three factions have many differences, exemplified by their wildly different types of units. The Soviets, for example, have armored attack bears, Allies have the Dolphin ship which can high jump and use a sonic attack, and the Empire of the Rising Sun features such quirky units as a giant transforming mecha and ninjas. As they've done with the series, EA injects humor into the game when possible, keeping a smile on your face as you wage war.
Fight on Land, in the Air, and on Sea
Red Alert 3 has land units, air units, and naval units, all integral parts of the game. Unlike most strategy games that don't bother with naval warfare, Red Alert 3 makes controlling the seas an essential part of the game. Controlling resources in the seas and mounting attacks from all directions are strategies that must be employed to achieve victory.
Cooperative Mode Lets You Team Up with Your Friends
Red Alert 3 has a fully co-operative campaign mode where you and a friend can play together to achieve victory. This means that you have to develop a strategy together, as well as execute it in synch in order to win. If your friends aren't online, you can also choose one of several AI commanders as your teammate.
Play Against Your Friends in Multiplayer
With the different units and play mechanics of each faction, you and your friends will have a great time playing against each other, perfecting different strategies to best suit the units you have and the maps you play on. And thanks to the balanced game play, no one will have an unfair advantage.
For previous fans of Command and Conquer, Red Alert 3 will provide the same light-hearted game play, but with more units, more strategies, and more fun. Newcomers to the game will soon see what all the fuss and laughter is about.
- It's Always Better With Someone Else - Fight your way through three campaigns solo, or join forces with your friends or one of nine, in-game commanders, each with unique personalities and play styles, in missions designed from the ground for co-op play.
- Star-Studded Storytelling - Command & Conquer's trademark live-action videos return in HD, with over 60 minutes of footage featuring the largest cast in the history of the Command & Conquer franchise.
- Command the Seas, Conquer the World - Experience Gameplaył as for the first time in the series, waging war on the water will be every bit as important as dominating by land and air. Gain strategic advantages by controlling resources in the seas and mounting three-pronged attacks from all directions.
- Ready your Man Cannons! - Armored War Bears, and Anime-inspired psychic school girls join your favorite Red Alert units like Sonic Dolphins, Tesla Troopers, Attack Dogs, and the ever popular Tanya.
- A New Threat From the East - The deadly Empire of the Rising Sun is a technological terror, with designs influenced by a mixture of anime, science-fiction, martial arts and robot culture. The Empire's futuristic units can transform into alternate forms, and they specialize in naval warfare.
- Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 for the PC brings back the fan-favorite real-time strategy game
- The Soviets created a time-travel device which creates interesting plot twists
- Play as the Allies, the Soviets, or the Empire of the Rising Sun
- Red Alert 3 has land units, air units, and naval units, all integral parts of the game
- Cooperative campaign and head-to-head multiplayer modes provide hours of fun gameplay
In the name of Kane! The Command and Conquer™ series continues to thrive with Command and Conquer™ 3: Kane’s Wrath. As the expansion pack to the critically-acclaimed and fan favorite, Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars™, this Real-time Strategy (RTS) game returns to the Tiberium Universe with Kane at the center of an epic new single player campaign spanning 20 years – from the rebirth of the Brotherhood of Nod after the Second Tiberium War through the dramatic events of the Third Tiberium War and beyond. This story will be told through a new set of high-definition, live action video sequences starring a celebrity cast including Joe Kucan, playing the megalomaniac leader of the Brotherhood of Nod, alongside new talent Natasha Henstridge and Carl Lumbly. With your help, Commander, the Dark Messiah may rise again!
Conquest is never final and the scope of your level of command is tested again and again. The Command and Conquer saga continues with this expansion pack for owners of Command and Conquer 3. RTS - Real Time Strategy pops up to new levels of reality where command is more sophisticated than ever. And the benefits or consequences of your actions become more intense. Expand the story and move forth as Kanes wrath burns hotter. The single player campaign allows Command and Conquer 3 players to experience a new story that spans 20 years - from the rebirth of the Brotherhood of Nod after the Second Tiberium War through the dramatic events of the Third Tiberium War and beyond. The story is told through a new set of high-definition live action video sequences starring a celebrity cast. Joe Kucan, the original actor who portrayed the character Kane in Command and Conquer games over the last decade, will reprise his role as the megalomaniacal leader of the Brotherhood of Nod. The expansion pack to the original Command and Conquer (Tiberian Wars) features a new strategic layer to gameplay that allows players to establish bases, build customized armies, and attack their enemies on a global scale - and then dive into the frenzied tactical combat where their skills as a commander will make the difference in battle. The game also introduces six new sub-factions and a wealth of new units, structures, and powers to the armies of the Global Defence Initiative, the Brotherhood of Nod, and the enigmatic alien Scrin.
- Kane returns as the centerpiece of an epic new single-player campaign.
- Experience a new story that spans 20 years -- from the rebirth of the Brotherhood of Nod after the Second Tiberium War through the dramatic events of the Third Tiberium War and beyond.
- With the introduction of new units, structures, and abilities to each of the three factions, the Tiberium Wars will never be the same.
- Fight the Third Tiberium War your way. Position your forces on a strategic level and then wage conflict in fast, fluid, furious, tactical gameplay. Map out your strategies on the planetary level and wage all-out war on the ground.
- Play to your strengths with six unique sub-factions, each equipped with their own exclusive units, powers, and upgrades. Devastate the battlefield with the immense firepower of all-new customizable Epic-units.
From the Makers of the Best RPG of 2009, Dragon Age: Origins, comes the first official expansion pack.
For centuries, the Grey Wardens-the ancient order of guardians, sworn to unite and defend the lands-have been battling the darkspawn forces. Legend spoke that slaying the Archdemon would have put an end to the darkspawn threat for centuries to come, but somehow they remain.
You are the Grey Warden Commander and have been entrusted with the duty of rebuilding the order of Grey Wardens and uncovering the secrets of the darkspawn and how they managed to remain.
How you choose to rebuild your order, how you resolve the conflict with "The Architect", and how you determine the fate of the darkspawn will be but some of the many complex choices that await and shape your journey as you venture to the new land of Amaranthine.
A Stunning World Expanded: BioWare's deepest universe to date just got bigger with an all new area of the world to explore, Amaranthine
- Unlock the secrets of the Darkspawn and their true motivations
- Rebuild the Grey Warden order and establish their base of operations at Vigil's Keep
All-new Complex Moral Choices: Embark on an epic story that is completely defined and reactive to your play style
- Shape your entire experience based on the choices you make and how your handle complex situations
New Ways to Customize your Hero: Experience additional spells, abilities, specializations, and items to further personalize and customize your hero and party
- Import your character from Dragon Age: Origins or start anew as a Grey Warden from the neighboring land of Orlais
- Encounter five all-new party members and an old favorite from Dragon Age: Origins
Even more Bone-Crushing, Visceral Combat: Battle against a new range of horrific and terrifying creatures
- Put your skills to the test against an evolved, intelligent breed of Darkspawn and other menacing creatures including the Inferno Golem and Spectral Dragon!
Conquer four all-new campaigns as the Red Alert 3 saga continues! Command and Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising gives you more of the single-player action that you’ve been hungry for more stories, action campaigns, units, and live-action movies with new Hollywood stars, in the latest from the over-the-top, bestselling, and most-beloved series of the Command and Conquer franchise.
What happened in the aftermath of Red Alert 3? Find out in FOUR all-new campaigns in Red Alert 3: Uprising. With the Allies triumphant at the end of Red Alert 3, the occupation of their former enemies territories has begun. But how will the defeated Soviets react to this occupation and the presence of FutureTech, the mysterious company contracted by the Allies to develop new technologies in the Soviets homeland?
How will the humiliated Empire of the Rising Sun rise up and defend itself against the former Soviet commanders who have invaded their territory in a post-war land grab? How will the Allied occupational forces quash the uprising of the former Imperial commanders? And who is the mysterious Yuriko Omega? What events led her to become the telekinetic, psychic school girl? Find out in Command and Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising!*
- Four new campaigns - Battle your way through all-new campaigns featuring classic fast, furious, and fun C&C action. New stories and missions feature all three factions, plus experience a new twist with the first-ever C&C dungeon-crawler campaign!
- Eleven deadly new over-the-top units - Conquer the world and crush your enemies with 11 new units from the Soviets, Allies, and Empire of the Rising Sun, such as the Cryo Legionaire, the Steel Ronin, and the Desolator!
- The biggest cast ever in a C&C expansion- Command & Conquer's trademark live-action videos return with new Hollywood stars in 30 more minutes of high-definition video. The most star-studded cast in videogame history just got even bigger!
- Challenge the Commanders, conquer the world - Fight for world domination in the all-new Commander’s Challenge mode! Do you have what it takes to withstand the brutal onslaught and relentless taunting of the world’s toughest commanders? Find out as you attempt to conquer the world in 50 challenges featuring up to 30 hours of additional gameplay!