Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced it has agreed an exclusive distribution agreement with Autumn Games, 4mm Games, and Def Jam Interactive for the upcoming music videogame Def Jam Rapstar.
Developed by 4mm Games, Terminal Reality and Def Jam Interactive, Def Jam Rapstar is the first true interactive Hip Hop music game experience for consoles, and will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii in Autumn, 2010.
Designed as the ultimate MC experience, Def Jam Rapstar is the only music game that focuses exclusively on Hip Hop. With a track list boasting over 40 of the greatest Hip Hop songs around, including region specific music for the UK and Europe, Def Jam Rapstar makes you the star. Using a mic controller, players rhyme, make videos using a compatible camera. Def Jam Rapstar also offers you the chance to freestyle over tracks by some of the world's hottest Hip Hop producers and have members of the community vote on your uploaded videos.
Initial confirmed Def Jam Rapstar gameplay tracks include:
ARTIST - SONG
2 Pac - I Get Around
50 Cent - I Get Money
Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg - Nuthin? But a ?G? Thang
Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx - Gold Digger
Lil? Wayne - A Milli
Notorius B.I.G. - Juicy
Slick Rick - Children?s Story
T.I. featuring Rihanna - Live Your Life
Wu Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M.
Young Jeezy featuring Kanye West - Put On
"For 30 years, Hip Hop music has re-defined the sound, boundaries and culture of popular music," said Kunio Neo, President, Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. "We look to explore that ambition by pushing the boundaries of music games with Def Jam Rapstar. The combined power of 4mm Games and Def Jam Interactive will bring a music game experience like no other seen to date, and we are excited to be a part of such a unique game."
"Hip Hop is a global phenomenon that has permeated pop culture to become the most important youth movement of our generation. We are proud to deliver the first authentic Hip Hop music experience to gamers that will undoubtedly change the way music games are played," added Kevin Liles, President and CEO of Def Jam Enterprises. "It is an incredible opportunity to work with the Konami, 4mm Games and Terminal Reality teams in developing Def Jam Rapstar. Our partnership with Konami ensures that everyone around the world will have an opportunity to compete with the best of the best. So show us what you got!"
"4mm was founded with the intent of bringing the experience of Constantly Connected Gaming to the next generation of gamers," said Nick Perrett, CEO of 4mm Games. "We look forward to providing Hip Hop fans worldwide a powerful example of that vision this year with Def Jam Rapstar." Def Jam Rapstar is being co-published by Autumn Games, and represents the publishers' first major release as part of its ongoing efforts to provide a new way for top-flight developers to independently make and release games that challenge traditional boundaries.
|Release-Date: Out now|
- Def Jam Rapstar is the first music game fully dedicated to Hip Hop
- With over 40 songs spanning the history of Hip Hop, Def Jam Rapstar offers a diverse track list with some of the biggest songs in Hip Hop from all music labels
- Unlike most other microphone-based games, Def Jam Rapstar features custom, proprietary voice recognition technology that judges lyrical accuracy. In addition to lyrical accuracy, Def Jam Rapstar also measures players pitch and timing to provide your complete score in real time
- Utilizing the Xbox Live Vision camera or PlayStation Eye, Def Jam Rapstar allows you to create a video of the performance starring yourself, edit, and then upload to www.defjamrapstar.com, a fully integrated online community where players can share their videos with the world to gain global recognition and become a bona fide rapstar!
- Freestyle mode allows MC's in the making to kick your own lyrics over well-known producer's beats, offering a chance to show and prove that you have what it takes
- Battle Mode allows you to compete locally head-to-head for the highest score, and Duet mode, where both players sing and rap together to achieve the highest combined score on any given song
- Compatible with all 3rd party microphones on the market
- Work out to the beat using your DanceDanceRevolution Wii Controller or now introducing compatibility with the Wii balance board.
- Exclusive gimmicks such as the Hip Roll and Bump Arrows appear in-game.
- Punch while moving your hips, enjoy working out and help get your body in shape.
- Exciting new costume customization of your DanceDanceRevolution Hottest Party 3 dancer including your Mii.
- Inclusion of 50 tracks on disk for both skus, featuring major licensed master, original and Latin tracks including :
- "Disturbia" / Rihanna
- "Closer" / Ne-Yo
- "One Step At A Time" / Jordin Sparks
- "Pocketful of Sunshine" / Natasha Bedingfield
- "Viva La Vida" / Coldplay
- "My Prerogative" / Bobby Brown
- "Boogie Wonderland" / Earth Wind & Fire
- "Space Dance" / Danny Tenaglia
- "I'm Coming Out" / Diana Ross
- "Feel Good Inc." / Gorillaz
- Extensive new modes in DanceDanceRevolution Hottest Party 3, including a fresh new Work Out Mode, fun new Story Mode, Kids Modes with much simpler controls and a Lesson Mode to practice timing and directions of arrows so that new dancers can learn the basics.
- A completely new Lesson Mode "DDR School", you can learn how to play DDR with ease on your Wii.
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has joined forces with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products to bring original content from the award-winning hit television series GLEE to Konami's famed Karaoke Revolution franchise.
Karaoke Revolution Glee, out now for Wii, will feature the chart-topping music and captivating performances from one of the most talked about shows of the year. The game will give fans the chance to enter the role of the ultimate underdog as they perform the songs featured on the show.
In Karaoke Revolution Glee, fans can play alongside their favorite GLEE characters including the infamous Rachel Berry, football star Finn Hudson, and the GLEE club's fearless leader, Will Schuester. Performing some of the most memorable sequences from Season One, players can belt out 35 chart-topping hits and tunes from the popular TV series. Millions of fans have made GLEE one of the leading musical franchises of our time. "Gleeks" both young and old will now get their chance to engross themselves in their favourite show like never before. In multiplayer singing games, Gleeks can either sing in harmonies or choose to sing as a duet, creating the kind of performance that not even Sue Sylvester can resist!
As an added bonus, unlockable content will be available in a special gameplay mode where gamers can unlock memorable show moments from Season One. Karaoke Revolution Glee will also utilise Karaoke Revolution's proprietary voice recognition technology, which accurately recognises and scores vocal pitch and rhythm, helping gamers reach those hard hitting notes and perfect their harmonies!
"This partnership with Fox is very important to us and we are thrilled to be the first to bring GLEE to a video game console!" said Kunio Neo, President of Konami Digital Entertainment, GmbH. "We plan to elevate the Karaoke Revolution franchise even further by giving fans a chance to pick up the mic and interact with their favourite characters, themes and music from one of the most popular TV franchises to date."
"This is the kind of game that GLEE fans - or 'Gleeks' as they're affectionately known - have been waiting for. We all know they've been singing along with their favourite characters during the show, and this game will let them rack up points in the process," said Gary Rosenfeld, Senior Vice President, New Media for Fox Consumer Products.
|Release-Date: 3rd December 2011|
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH will release a new take on dancing on April 29th, when DanceDanceRevolution hottest party 4 steps out on Wii.
The latest addition to the long-running series, DanceDanceRevolution hottest party 4 offers the user the chance to match full-body movements in order to rack up high scores. The new game uses both the famed dance mat controller and the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, with players matching the on-screen arrows with the corresponding footwork, and also using their arms to meet additional moving goals.
This total movement is spotlighted perfectly in DanceDanceRevolution hottest party 4's stunning Choreograph mode. This new idea is perfectly designed to appeal to both DDR novices and hardened dancers alike, and adds new depth to the classic gameplay. Furthermore, owners of Nintendo's Wii Balance Board can use it instead of a dance mat, with the board registering complete body movement.
DanceDanceRevolution hottest party 4 allows up to four players to get together and compete against each other, and can be bought with a dance mat controller or a solus title, and enjoys a stunning collection of suitably high-tempo tracks. The new game offers 20 licensed tunes, including Lady Gaga's classic 'Bad Romance', Paramore's 'crushcrushcrush' and the classic 'Celebration' from Kool and the Gang. There are also more than 30 specially-created tunes from KONAMI's in-house team, all of which are designed to test the player's co-ordination and rhythm.
With a wealth of game modes - including the eternally popular Calorie Counter system so users can watch the pounds drop off as they dance! - DanceDanceRevolution hottest party 4 is a stunning party game that absolutely anyone can enjoy.
|Release-Date: Out now|
- The new Choreograph Style mode allows you to dance with the model dancer on screen utilizing your whole body using the mat controller, Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
- Traditional style Wii gameplay including the DanceDanceRevolution mat Controller, Wii Remote and Nunchuk, and also bringing back the use of the Wii Balance board
- New multi-player mode, with or without a the mat controller so everybody can join in the fun
- Dance with everybody using just your upper body with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk
- Includes a variety of well know tracks
Hot off the heels of the original smash hit, the McKinley High GLEE club is back by popular demand with Karaoke Revolution Glee: Volume 2, featuring an all-new set of GLEE's greatest hit songs and show moments from Season 1.
Perfect your vocal skills with a variety of challenging ballads, pop songs, and unforgettable show tunes, while performing alongside your favorite GLEE characters.
Karaoke Revolution Glee: Volume 2 includes show smashing hits such as Bad Romance, Gives You Hell, Total Eclipse of the Heart, Like A Virgin, Dream On and more.
Take center stage and continue your ultimate GLEE experience on Wii this Spring 2011!
|Release-Date: Out now|
- Known from the TV series Glee
- All-new lineup of songs from season 1 - Enjoy performing 20 unforgettable songs alongside your favorite GLEE characters.
- Extended performances and exclusive clips - Sing along to full music tracks and the show's most memorable video montages featuring never-before-seen show moments.
- Develop your singing ability - Test out the newly added vibrato indicator while you belt it out to hard hitting notes.
- GLEE unlockables for every character
- Interactive multiplayer singing games - Have a blast perfecting your performance while 4 of your friends compete against one another with their Wii Remotes in Shooting Star Mode
- New Audio Features and Voice Applications - Independently adjust the volume on the vocal or instrumental tracks in every song or add vocal effects for a unique performance.
- Availabe as bundle and stand-alone version