Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced its first Wii Balance Board-compatible title. Marbles! Balance Challenge has been devised by Hudson Soft and will be released for Wii in April, 2009.
Marbles! Balance Challenge is a skill-based action title where the player helps an Ant called Anthony save his colony via a series of physical tests. Wii Balance Board users can access Marbles! Balance Challenge?s 100 specially-created stages where the players steer a ball using the shifting weight of their physical movements. This unique way to control the game offers a new experience and combines fun and physical exercise. Players can also use gentle movements of the Wii Remote, with steering the ball through 200 different stages in a quest to locate the mythical ?Golden Sunflower Seed.?
As the player progresses the level designs grow ever more complex as they introduce houses, snow-capped mountains, deserts, watery settings and even a space station. In addition to rolling through the colourful stages, the player must also collate parts needed to extend and repair the roads they traverse, which ? when assembled ? give access to the game?s final stage. Similarly, other items of ephemera can be collected and used to add new elements within the extensive edit mode.
Marbles! Balance Challenge includes tough multi-player modes where up to four players battle it out in a race to the finish, and an edit mode that allows users to create their own stages and share them among friends via the Nintendo Wii Connect24 service. The competitive element of the game can also be explored globally, with online leaderboards detailing the best scores for all to see.
|Release-Date: Out now!|
DanceDance your way to Fitness and Fun!
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced it will release DanceDanceRevolution Hottest Party 2 for Wii both as a stand-alone title or bundled with the world-renowned dance mat peripheral.
DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY 2 is the ultimate party game and invites players to earn points by matching a series of fast-moving arrows with the corresponding markings on the dance mat. A stunning party-themed soundtrack and promotional videos accompany the action, with favourites such as 'Umbrella', 'Walking on Sunshine', and the Grease anthem 'You're The One That I Want' amongst the varied playlist of 50 songs.
DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY 2 also places larger emphasis on the exercise elements of the game, with a number of new Wii-specific elements added. In addition to moving on the dance mat, players use the Wii controllers to match upper body movement, while a dedicated Workout Mode invites users to set themselves time or calorie-based goals. Likewise, players can create a unique fitness playlist and create bespoke routines designed to offer challenging cardiovascular sessions.
The beauty of DanceDanceRevolution HOTTEST PARTY 2 is that anyone can join in. Tutorials will ease newcomers into the game, while a wide range of options and challenges ensure that, as the player grows more proficient, so the game can continue to push them, Multi-player fun is also guaranteed, with the Dance'n'Defend option pitting users against each other in no-holds-barred dance-offs! Play with a choice of characters, or even use your own Mii in the game!
The party starts here - are you ready?
|Release-Date: Out now|
- 25 licensed tracks
- Use the Wii controllers as well as the Dance Mat.
- Riding on the trend of fitness/active, family and party games.
- DanceDanceRevolution is the leading and most well known dancing game brand.
- Use your own Mii characters in the game
- Create your own fitness goals, calories are tracked as you play
- Nice, bright and colourful graphics
- Up to four players, fun for a group of friends or family.
Konami reveals the ultimate party game as Karaoke Revolution's
75-track playlist is revealed
Karaoke Revolution uses all-new proprietary software that measures the player's vocal pitch, phrase accuracy and rhythm, as it invites users to host the ultimate karaoke party. Whether players prefer to croon with the classics, show off their prowess as David Bowie, Rod Stewart or the Jackson 5, or unleash their inner Lady Gaga and Rihanna, Karaoke Revolution has a varied playlist that will appeal to anyone.
The game has a basic track list of 75 licensed songs, including the aforementioned artistes and the likes of 'I Kissed a Girl', by Katy Perry, Lily Allen's 'Smile', and '7 Things' by Miley Cyrus. Alternatively, a huge array of classics are also on offer, including 80s classics such as 'I Ran' by A Flock of Seagulls, before moving into the 90s with 'Love is a Battlefield' by Pat Benatar, R.E.M.'s 'Man on the Moon', and beyond with 'Human' by The Killers, and 'Sex on Fire' by Kings of Leon.
Karaoke Revolution is also fully customisable, with every element of the game open to editing and tweaking. The game enjoys newly added venue and character editing options, including 10 new performance venues in which rising stars can add in lights, video screens and special effects to create the perfect concert. Similarly, there is an even greater selection of outfit and accessory changes. As such, players can create their own rock star and dress their avatar using the new facial and body morphing features to manipulate age, shape, body size and more. Adding to the realism of being on stage, PLAYSTATION 3 users can also use the PlayStation Eye to see themselves on the big LCD screens during the full performances!
These avatars then appear on screen at the different venues, with the lyrics and notes shown at the bottom of the screen, with ratings given as the player sings - and with the virtual audiences showing their appreciation (or otherwise!) as the song progresses.
In addition to the solo Career mode, Karaoke Revolution boasts a huge multi-player mode, where people can play against up to 16 rival singers - either eight online or with 15 friends. The game's multi-player mode, also allows weaker vocalists to level the playing field, by adjusting the microphone settings of their rivals to improve their chances!
The Wii version of Karaoke Revolution will be available with a bundled microphone or as a stand-alone product, and Konami has also revealed that many additional songs will be released as downloadable content for the PLAYSTATION 3 version following its release.
|Release-Date: Out now|
- 50 All-New Licensed Tracks - Perform your heart out to the latest chart-topping hits and classic favorites.
- Features four #1 Jackson 5 hits, plus Michael Jackson's first #1 solo 'Ben'.
- Become the Life of the Party - A perfect videogame to get the party started or for competitive players, sing as a solo artist.
- Party Mode : Multiplayer game Modes for up to 16 players
- Career Mode: Showcase your skills and unlock up to 150 new unique challenges and venues.
- Elaborate Customizable Venues - Pick your own performance venue before you take the stage.
- Ten brand new locations featuring elaborate themes and special effects.
- Custom Venue Creator where players can design up to six venues of their own.
- Includes an option to feature original music videos onstage during a player's full performance.
- Library of Songs to Add to your Collection - Compatible with existing library of 200+ downloadable songs (Xbox 360 and PS3 only).
- Character Customizations from Head to Toe - Check out the newly improved custom character creator with extensive features and clothing sets to choose from.
- Watch Yourself Perform on the Big Screen - Compatible with Xbox LIVE Vision camera and Playstation Eye support (PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 versions).
- Compatibility with wireless microphones and USB microphones allowing the consumer flexibility (PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 versions).
Shed calories as you explore Konami's musical paradise in Step to the Beat on Wii an all-new fitness game concept for the Wii this March, in the toe-tapping form of Step to the Beat.
Step to the Beat charges users with continually moving to explore a vivid island while listening to a host of well-known licensed tracks. The game can be played by holding a Nunchuck and Wii Remote while walking on the spot, or by walking on a DanceDanceRevolution controller mat or Wii Balance Board. Using these motions, keeping the rhythm is key, and the combination of walking, music and exploration results in a varied and fun way to exercise. This simple concept makes Step to the Beat accessible to absolutely anyone, but has been designed to constantly surprise and enchant as players spend longer on the game.
At the centre of Step to the Beat is the colourful locale of Rhythm Island, and players explore the play area via their continued movement and by accepting specific challenges. Users begin by creating an avatar, and the game begins with the player simply keeping moving at all times. By doing so, users will then earn musical notes which allow them to add building, access new items, gain extra music tracks, or open up previously inaccessible parts of the island. Rhythm Island is a place of constant surprises, however, and returning at different points during the day, will reveal additional, unique elements.
Step to the Beat features 120 well-known tracks, with The Black Eye Peas' 'Boom, Boom, Pow' and Demi Lovato's 'La La Land' just two of the tunes that provide the soundtrack to Rhythm Island. Gentle aerobic exercise is a great way for all the family to stay fit, and walking around Step to the Beat's Rhythm Island is a brilliant way to burn off calories while exploring a whole new world! And, furthermore, players can keep track of their physical activity as the game constantly monitors and displays the distance travelled, the steps taken, and the items that have been found!
|Release-Date: Out now|
- Uniquely motivational. Explore an in-game world where the more you step, the richer your world becomes. Discover new places and goodies every day!
- Music to get you going! The only fitness-focused game that keeps you in the game with great music! Move to the beat of 120 songs, including 20 favorite licensed tracks, including masters performed by the original artists!
- Track your achievements. Get a visual feel for how well you're doing through charts and graphs that show burned calories, distance traveled, steps taken and more!
- Wii Balance Board compatible. Play with the peripheral of your choice! Accepts input from the DanceDanceRevolution Wii Controller, Wii Remote and Nunchuk or Wii Balance Board.
Hugely popular Summit Entertainment Film heads to Wii, Nintendo DS and PC in Europe to thrill all trivia fans
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced it will release Scene It? Twilight, the latest member of the Scene It? family of entertainment trivia games, for Wii, Nintendo DS and PC-DVD in Q1 2010. It will arrive shortly after the next installment in Summit Entertainment's TWILIGHT movie series, THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON.
Fans will put their knowledge to the test to determine who will be the ultimate TWILIGHT expert. Scene It? Twilight will challenge Wii players' powers of observation, memory and puzzle solving, as it transports them to Forks, Washington and creates an interactive multiplayer trivia experience brought together seamlessly for Wii. Fans can learn more about Bella Swan, TWILIGHT's heroine, or test their memories on Edward Cullen, the dark and unlikely love of Bella?s life.
"Konami is always looking to engage people in new means of interactive gaming experiences. The TWILIGHT film has an incredibly popular following who crave content and new media well after the movies are no longer in theaters," said Kunio Neo, President of Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. "With extensive content from the film, Scene It? Twilight will bring life to the excitement and energy surrounding the popular film in an all-new way."
Scene It? Twilight players will be completely submerged into the TWILIGHT universe as they interact with some of the most iconic locations, characters and scenes from the first film ? and putting their knowledge to the test to determine who is the ultimate TWILIGHT expert!
|Release-Date: Out now|
- Rich-media trivia content: Over 500 multiple choice questions based on movie clips, music and audio from the TWILIGHT movie
- New user interface designed specifically for the Wii game, giving Scene It? Twilight a new look and feel, making the game much more immediate to play
- Motion functionality: Use your Wii Remote to buzz in and beat your opponent!
- New gameplay modes: Single and multi-player modes and new scoring systems keep the game close, exciting and challenging enough to please all TWILIGHT fans