Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced its first Yu-Gi-Oh! title for Wii. Entitled Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers, the game will be released in September.
The Wii game uses characters and situations from the new Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's series, which takes place in the future and revolved around the adventures of Yusei Fudo, the hottest duelist in Neo Domino City.
Based on the 'Turbo Duels' in the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's animated series, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers introduces players to a fast-paced twist on the racing genre. Yusei and Jack duel in a new motorsport called 'Wheelie Breakers' that combines card dueling with duel wheel racing. As they race around the track in their Duel Runner motorcycles, players call upon monsters from their decks to battle their opponents and prevent them from finishing the race. These cards can then be rearranged between races as strategies to unseat the rival players are developed. Using achievement points which players receive based on their race results, they can purchase new cards and add them to their decks providing upgrades.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers takes full advantage of the Wii's control system as players use the Wii Remote for both competitive card dueling and Duel Runner racing. Users can also use the Nunchuk during races, allowing for split-second manoeuvers including, acceleration, steering and recovery. A wide selection of gameplay modes are also offered including Story Mode, Grand Prix Mode, and Competition Multiplayer Mode with up to four players competing via a split screen system.
As has become traditional with Konami's Yu-Gi-Oh! titles, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers will be released with three official Trading Cards inside the box.
|Release-Date: Out now|
|Players: 1-4 players|
- Torn from the popular Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's animated series on 4Kids network, the first ever racing game with the card dueling elements
- Summon over 100 monsters and creatures, with special powers and attacks during races to try and take out your opponent
- Clear races to acquire new cards for your deck providing motorcycle upgrades and more advanced attack monsters
- Includes over 125 different Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's cards complete with their own original effects
- Strategic card battles for hardcore Yu-Gi-Oh! fans and an exhilarating arcade racer for casual gamers and racing aficionados alike
- Utilizing the Wii mote for the card dueling and the Nunchuk for the racing, including weight shifting, acceleration, steering and recovery
- Includes 3 fun modes of play: Story Mode, Grand Prix Mode and Multiplayer Mode, with up to 4 friends in racing and dueling split screen
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 4 marks the first appearance of the new animated TV series on PSP, and uses plot elements from the show's 'Dark Signers' episodes within its Story Mode. The new game's graphics have been designed to perfectly recreate characters and settings from the TV show, with stunning anime likenesses bringing the game's 14 duelists, and a huge supporting cast, to vivid life. Likewise, the same visuals are used to detail the many traps, spells and monsters that are used during battles, with in-game cameras panning to show off the various conflicts from a series of stunning vantage points.
The game's Story Mode provides a focal point for single-player use, and recreates the Neo Domino City and Satellite locations of the TV show. Players can move freely around these areas, and a different scenario will unfold dependent on which character the user opts for, and the story will evolve organically based on decisions the player makes. Players also use the exploratory elements of the game to meet new people, challenge them to duels and to add and buy new Trading Cards for their deck.
The dueling elements of the game have also been expanded, with each of the game's many characters holding their own decks. The strength of these decks acts as an in-built difficulty level, with players working their way through the increasingly challenging rivals as they look to build their deck and establish themselves as the Champion Trading Card Duelist. In total, over 300 hours of gameplay await - enough for even the most ardent Yu-Gi-Oh! fans!
The social aspect of the Trading Card Game has also been retained, with the option for multi-player games for up to four Yu-Gi-Oh! fans. One-on-one duels, or two-against-two and variations thereof are all supported, and the online capabilities of the PSP are also used for additional download elements. Users can enter the passwords found on real Trading Cards and use them in the game in order to improve their card decks and their strategies
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 4 represents a new high for the Yu-Gi-Oh! series, and Konami will also include three exclusive Trading Cards within each game's packaging.
|Release-Date: Out now|
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH is to bring all the dueling thrills of its popular Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's TRADING CARD GAME to Wii, as Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Master of the Cards is finally released for the Nintendo format.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Master of the Cards aims to be the most exhaustive simulation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's TRADING CARD GAME, and has been specially designed to make use of the Wii's unique control system. The game will feature over 4,500 virtual cards from which users can create a deck with monsters, traps and spells for use against either CPU-controlled duelists or online adversaries via the Wii's Wi-Fi capabilities.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Master of the Cards brings one of the most expansive and competitive trading card games to Wii. The Story Mode has been handcrafted exclusively for the Wii game, creating parallel plots not available anywhere else. Players will engage and compete against 20 characters from the animated series in the Duel of Legend Cup through both linear and non-linear gameplay. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Master of the Cards will also introduce players to 20 characters to do battle with, most of them previously unseen.
In addition to the great new Story Mode, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Master of the Cards players can also enjoy Free Duel Mode to duel against the characters from the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's series. Similarly, Wi-Fi Duel Mode allows players to compete against each other over the Internet using the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
With dazzling cut-scenes and in-game graphics, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Master of the Cards marks a bold step forward for the series, offering a perfect jump on point for newcomers to the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's TRADING CARD GAME and also allowing veteran fans to take advantage of the 4,500 cards on offer.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Master of the Cards includes three exclusive trading cards in package.
|Release-Date: Out now|
- The first Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game simulation game on Wii Unique and innovative duel controls using the Wiimote
- Extensive Story Mode featuring an original scenario based on the new Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's animated TV series' Dark Signers episodes
- Challenge the characters from the TV series in Free Duel Mode
- Wi-Fi Duel Mode - duel players all over the world via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, including worldwide rankings
- Over 4,500 virtual trading cards, including the boosters Ancient Prophecy, Stardust Overdrive and Star Strike Blast
- Downloadable content
- 3 limited edition official Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game cards included
New Domino City and Satellite have finally been reunited and now live in peace and harmony. Until the arrival of 3 mysterious people who claimed to be from Yliaster and a new mysterious Turbo Duelist called Ghost arrives. Now, only Yusei can stop him.
Battle through Story Mode for full emersion in the world of the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's animated series and interact with more than 100 characters. Compete against opponents in one-on-one Free Duels or team up with a partner to defeat opponents using more than 4,500 cards in the biggest Yu-Gi-Oh! game ever! Full 3D animation and 4 player ad-hoc game play makes Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 5 a force to be reckoned with.
|Release-Date: Out now|
- Ad-hoc game play allows up to 4 players to compete against each other at one time through cooperative game play or battle in one-on-one duels
- Complete with 4,500 of the latest Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's trading cards from the Star Strike Blast releasing in November 2010
- Battle through story mode for full immersion in the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's animated series or compete in Free Duel to jump right into the dueling action
- Compete and interact with over 100 characters, including characters from the animated television series
- In game story mirrors the animated series storyline at the time of launch
- Complete with more than 300 hours of game play complete with 3D animated cut scenes
- Connect via Wi-Fi to download new cards or win new cards by battling competitors in Story Mode
- Includes 3 exclusive trading cards in package
Critically acclaimed, multi-million selling and still the most respected football title on the planet, Pro Evolution Soccer continues to be one of Konami?s flagship titles. The indications are that this latest incarnation will surpass everything that went before it and prove that PES 2008 will be the greatest version of the beautiful game to date.
Two new cover stars will grace the packshot with multiple player of the year Cristiano Ronaldo and England star Michael Owen endorsing the quality of PES 2008 by deciding to use their considerable talents alongside that of the game. As well as the outside having a new look, fans will be eager to know what new changes can be found inside the most important area of PES 2008 ? the gameplay.
PES 2008 will feature a brand new intelligence system, called Teamvision, that adapts and reacts to players own gameplay styles to ensure that the computer controlled opponents are always challenging and forcing the player to think and chance their style of play to avoid being out-thought by the game. It will learn counter attacks that target your weaknesses and look to exploit any repetitive tactics players use.
Defenders react better to danger, closing down the ball and charging at shots and the goalkeepers will hold shots that are closer to them as well. Teammates will make more intelligent runs into space and the close control has been sharpened to ensure quick and fluid passing and speedy attacks can be built. The next gen versions will also feature extensive edit modes so players can completely customise their PES 2008 experience.
|Release-Date: Out now|
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Michael Owen new cover stars
- Teamvision AI ? learns and reacts to players techniques
- More intelligent computer opponents
- Dramatic improvement at set pieces