Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus takes all of the best elements from the previous Portable Ops title, improves on them and adds even more elements to the online mode to create a must-have title at only Ł14.99 RRP.
Two types of multiplayer gaming is supported - Ad Hoc mode and Infrastructure Mode. The former lets users connect up to six PSP consoles for a local battle with friends. The latter connects with wireless connection to the online servers where owners can take on players from around the world. The Game Sharing mode will enable play with others who don't even own a copy of MPO+ as limited features are available to share with other users and users can also play against owners of the original MPO in the Free Battle mode.
New multiplayer modes include a Shooting Range where teams have to hit targets to make them part of their 'team' whilst still attacking enemies, four new online maps previously seen in Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence and a host of new characters including Raiden from MGS2 and Old Snake, who is about to be seen in the forthcoming MGS4.
The single player mode gives you a breather from the multiplayer action and the Boss Rush Mode will let the player take on all of the bosses from MPO one after another. The new Infinity Mode will test players even further, enabling them to recruit better soldiers to a squad after their capture. Other options include an online chat section and a photo function that lets you take snaps of the action or of your own elite team!
|Release-Date: Out now!|
- Local and online multiplayer modes
- Variety of game modes for teamplay and battle
- Game sharing - play limited multiplayer modes with the one game!
- 100 characters to recruit
- Stages, soldiers and secrets from other MGS titles
Hideo Kojima's classic series returns with new story and gameplay mechanics in exclusive new title for PSP® (PLAYSTATION®PORTABLE).
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced an all-new Metal Gear Solid title for PSP® (PLAYSTATION®PORTABLE), entitled Metal Gear Solid: PeaceWalker. Designed as a full sequel to Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, the PSP title offers an unique, new game system and an original story from series creator Hideo Kojima.
Developed by the legendary Hideo Kojima - the mastermind behind the most successful video game tactical-espionage series of all time - this latest PSP® installment picks up where Metal Gear Solid 3 left off. Players take control of the famed Snake, in a thrilling story set in 1974.
Metal Gear Solid: PeaceWalker features original game design, story and scenario by Hideo Kojima. Scheduled to launch in 2010, the game takes the series in an exciting new direction with its incredible visuals and its unique new game system designed specifically with the PSP in mind. Additionally, both download and boxed copy will be available.
"With Metal Gear Solid: PeaceWalker, Kojima Productions has once again pushed the limits of the PSP system, creating a beautiful sequel to Metal Gear Solid 3," said Martin Schneider, European Marketing Director for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. "Metal Gear Solid: PeaceWalker lets players take the action and excitement of a console game to the PSP, and is a stunning addition to MGS Lore."
"The characters of this game referred to as Militaires Sans Frontieres, MSF or Soldiers Without Borders are fictional: they are not in any way linked to or inspired from the non-profit organization Medecins Sans Frontieres, MSF or Doctors Without Borders".
- The Latest Title in the METAL GEAR SOLID Series!: A true continuation of the ever-evolving franchise that stood the test of time and started the stealth action genre, PEACE WALKER is the first title on the PSP system in which mastermind Hideo Kojima has fully taken up the reigns to direct, write, and design the game himself.
- Extensive Content for Massive Replay Value!: Arguably one of the deepest PSP games to be released as Kojima Productions pushes the boundaries of the platform to new levels while blending various game styles together in ways that will captivate and engross both veterans and newcomers to METAL GEAR.
- Proven Gameplay, Story, and More: Fans of the series will enjoy the exhilaration of familiar stealth elements of previous MGS titles and will also be enticed by the new gameplay features making their debut in PEACE WALKER. Those expecting a typical stealth game will be blown away by the PEACE WALKER experience. This game is a blend of action RPG elements, RTS elements for a PSP experience like none other. Staying true to METAL GEAR form, the entire game experience is woven together by a gripping story which unfolds through the artwork of Yoji Shinkawa and acclaimed comic book artist, Ashley Wood.
- Online Multiplayer Supported: PEACE WALKER provides up to 4-player CO-OPS (COperative-OPerationS) gameplay, which is a revolutionary first for the series that introduces the all-new CO-OP Ring and "Snake Formation." The CO-OP Ring allows gamers to interact and build their camaraderie through the sharing of items, equipment, and LIFE gauges during the heat of battle, while the "Snake Formation" lets one player take the lead so the others can focus on defense.
Konami reinvents its first Silent Hill classic, as Shattered Memories arrives to scare on Wii, PSP and PlayStation 2
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH is to bring its terrifying Silent Hill series to Wii as Silent Hill: Shattered Memories heads to the Nintendo system for the first time in 2010. The game, a clever reimagining of the now out of print first Silent Hill title, will also be released for PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) and PlayStation®2 at the same time.
While the game shares its twisting plot with the original PlayStation game, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories takes a different path in many, many ways. Characters can be approached but will offer different responses and be found in different places, while new clues and gameplay paths can be followed. The title follows Harry Mason, as he attempts to unravel the mystery of his missing daughter, Cheryl. A broken man, Mason's investigations lead him to the mist-shrouded, snowy streets of Silent Hill: a malevolent town where the shadows play host to a wealth of evil, misshapen creatures.
Designed to make full use of the Wii's unique controllers, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories uses the Wii Remote as a torch and cell phone as Mason looks for clues. The torch is vital for scouring the darkened, abandoned buildings of Silent Hill, while the phone acts as a secondary user interface, allowing the player to access maps via its GPS capabilities and take pictures of interesting elements. Likewise, the Wii Remote also can be used to pick up, examine and manipulate items to solve puzzles along the journey. Such technology was not available when the original Silent Hill was released in 1999, and its inclusion showcases Konami's determination to enhance the playing experience with new, available technology.
Also new to Shattered Memories is a psyche profile element, which monitors every aspect of player's reactions - from where they explore first, items that have been examined, and their reaction to those they meet. Small visual elements will also be altered slightly, adding to the oppressing atmosphere where nothing is what it seems. The psyche profile will adapt Harry's actions as and when he meets normal-looking people or the game's many inhuman denizens.
While the PSP® and PlayStation®2 will feature a more familiar control system, both games will boast the new additions, and are certain to entrance hardened fans of Silent Hill and newcomers alike. All three games are being developed by Climax, the team behind the acclaimed Silent Hill: Origins for PSP® and PlayStation®2, and will also feature an all-new soundtrack by series creator Akira Yamaoka.
|Release-Date: Out now|
- A re-imagining of the original Silent Hill that turns everything you thought you knew on its head.
- The game watches you and adapts to your actions to create a unique experience to each player and intensify their fears.
- Implementation of a cell phone as the user interface, which acts as a story telling device, map, puzzle helper, and camera that provides seamless flow with no interruption in gameplay.
- New nightmare sequence focus on escape and evasion rather than direct confrontation.
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories will feature an all-new soundtrack by acclaimed series composer Akira Yamaoka.
Medal of Honor on the Go.
Medal of Honor Heroes, available exclusively for the PSP system, will give gamers the chance to take all the epic, authentic World War II action of Medal of Honor on-the-go. While building on the key tenets of the franchise - including historical accuracy and authenticity - Medal of Honor Heroes is the newest addition to the critically-acclaimed Medal of Honor franchise which was credited with pioneering the First-Person Shooter WWII genre when it debuted for in 1999.
With a unique storyline linking previous Medal of Honor heroes Lt. Jimmy Patterson, Sgt. John Baker, and Lt. William Holt, players will experience a totally new single player campaign and choose from six different Multiplayer modes within 15 different maps, while participating in wireless Multiplayer sessions with up to 32 players. Or choose to play with up to 8 players across the room in a local Ad hoc game.
- 12 Unique Environments - Play through the rocky coasts in Italy, rainy streets in Holland and snowy fields in the Ardennes
- "Quickplay" Skirmish Game Mode - "Quickplay" missions allow players to jump right into the action or to create customized mission scenarios for added re-playability
- Classic MOH Unlockable Characters - Players can unlock over 20 classic MoH characters to use in multiplayer games adding both variety and personality to their online experience
Need for Speed Carbon: Own The City takes handheld racing to a whole new level with all-new crew-based gameplay and an exclusive east coast open-world city. Settle an ongoing turf war by building an unstoppable crew, winning races against your fiercest rivals, and outwitting the cops. How you choose and manage your crew will be the difference between victory and defeat. The city is yours for the taking with Need for Speed Carbon, the ultimate in handheld racing.
- Crew-Based Racing - Choose up to two wingmen from your crew to race with you and trigger their unique skills on the fly to dominate the opposition and give you the ultimate racing edge.
- Race and Cruise an Open World - Explore and race in a city filled with alternate driving paths, diverse race modes, and hidden secrets.
- Control the City - Win circuits, sprints, lap knockouts, and other events on your rival's turf to take over the city one neighborhood at a time.
- Licensed, Tunable Cars - Choose from more than 25 real-world cars each uniquely equipped with realistic physics and then customize its look and performance to suit your crews style.
- Customize Your Crew and More - Choose a unique graffiti logo for your crew, select your signature crew color, and load a custom soundtrack.